+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 328 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones (Totally no spoilers inside, come on in Jaytee/Mee/Alex)

American Shit for Brains Sandman's Avatar

Game of Thrones (Totally no spoilers inside, come on in Jaytee/Mee/Alex)

Is anybody watching this? Daisy? Wil? I've been watching the series and staying about one episode ahead in the book. Seriously good stuff. Pretty light on action set pieces so far, but lots of good political intrigue and really fucked up and inbred royal families.
    Gimme Shelter

I'm watching this actually, haha.

I just recently got HBO for the first time ever (I think we only have it on trial though?) and thought the previews looked pretty interesting, and I like Sean Bean. Little did I know I was in for so much softcore incest. You've got the blonde guy feeling up his sister's boobs and telling her she has a woman's body now, then you've got the other blonde brother and sister (blonde=incest?) that are all out doin it.

I haven't been too impressed so far. Not really caring for any of the characters outside of Ned and the Dire Wolves , and then there's all that stuff...and it's been pretty slow, needs more action. Fighting action.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

In the book Kalisi is 13 and the whole incest and selling her off to Khal Drogo is that much creepier especially the way Martin writes it. And come on, that intro with the White Walkers was aces.
    Gimme Shelter

Grand Vizier of Biscuit Equity Daisy's Avatar
    No HBO.
    “There's something screwy about that dame.”

I only use cable to watch All In The Family, Maude and Barney Miller. And Wagon Train the day before yesterday.
    I was disturbed that my friend watched this and I had to explain plot points to her, because I had picked so much up from my love of watching nerds review things on youtube.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

I'm torrenting them as they come. I like it. A bit complicated, mostly because it's a bit hard to keep all the characters' names straight. Other than that, it's very interesting thus far. I feel bad for Snow.
    bloot

I'm into this and The Borgias right now, great stuff

Arya is my favorite in the show... she's the main reason I'm watching it. Hoping to see more white walkers and I hope Sarah Conner and her brother pay for being incestuous assholes. I hope a wolf bites their faces off

When I first heard about this TV series, I thought about getting into the books beforehand, but decided against it because I like being surprised.
    Last edited by Lackey; 05-03-2011 at 03:56 PM.

by the way, if you have an iPhone or Android phone, there's an HBO Go app that will let you stream shows to your phone. Also, the HBO Go website lets you stream shows online... they got a lot more there than OnDemand has... all seasons of most of HBO's shows.

Oh man. I've been dying for an HBO option that doesn't involve cable because seriously, fuck that. I'll pay for HBO but I'm not paying for it on top of cable that I don't really watch enough anyway. That is awesome news. Lackey's the best.
    Gimme Shelter

And yeah, Arya is awesome and all those Aryans need to die gruesome deaths. Except for Kalisi, she's gotten the shit end of the stick as it is (though its looking like she's going to end up a warrior queen if she can smarten up and realize her brother is an evil bastard). And I hope Tyrion turns out to be a decent man despite coming from the family of fuckers.
    Last edited by Sandman; 05-03-2011 at 09:21 PM.
    Gimme Shelter

+ Reply to Thread