+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 215 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout

Wut? No kills? Of humans? OR CREATURES?

Well, I've mentioned the magic ain't been there, but Sunday it was old school F3 magical, I played for many hours for the first time.
    Reasons for magic:

• I'm playing my non-hardcore melee/unarmed guy. I figured since he's a fuck-it character, I'd take the Explorer perk. It is cooler 'cause a lot of the time, if you're following hollow triangles, you run and run and get there to find it's a shack, or a gulch, or a map drawn in the dirt, or a flower, or a gas station with the doors boarded up. With Explorer, I was able to get an idea of whether or not I'm interested in finding a place.

• So I found the awesome mine with the most awesome, Jack Kirby weapon I've seen in any Fallout game...the power fist named "Pushy". Holy shit...that was the first time I felt compelled to go on an unsaved killing spree just to see it's awesome effects. I slaughtered the whole Mojave Outpost then I punched Boone (which still felt horrible and dirty), and punched him once, the comic booky corona of force blasts off the "page"/screen...and he went fucking flying back through the air.

• I got up to Jacobstown and did all that stuff. I am not a fan of these well-spoken, pacifist Super Mutants, and the writing for Worf's character sucked...it was totally David Mamet ..."Got a problem...", "Wanted to establish a safe haven...", "Need to use restroom..." ...a Super Mutant, asking me to please not kill the humans that are harassing them?! To "pay 'em off if you have to." ?! However, I loved that resort, that area, and the quest, and I had to use a science, speech, barter and repair magazine all around the same time, making it fun that I had them. Liked the mood up there in the mountains there. [/Marcus the Super Mutant]

• The run in to the Boomers is fucking awesome. I only wish the bombardment lasted longer 'cause that was like...Sonic the Hedgehog - fun...which is very unusual in a Fallout game. They sure upped the kinetic action in NV. Also, getting a rebreather is dream-come-true. It always looks cool underwater but you're terrified of drowning the whole time and can't enjoy the sights. Loved the boy's mural show at the Boomers museum. [/Marcus the Super Mutant]

• M/UA guy finally got Jury Rigging. Again, it is a pleasure. Specially for unarmed, fixing your New Gods cosmic supernova fist with otherwise nigh worthless brass knuckles...meaning you don't feel bad about actually using it.

• Did tons of other epic stuff. [/Marcus the Super Mutant]
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 03-28-2011 at 08:23 PM.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

Boomers!! I tried sneaking around the first time after skimming the instructions but then I gotted all exploded. So I read the instructions, stripped down to my underoos, took a deep breath and sprinted through the houses sayin 'ohshitohshitohshitohshit!!" the whole way through... the totally bestest set piece so far.

I love turning $10 of NCR money into 1000 bottle caps too lol Vegas rules.

Yeah, fuck sneaking.
    Run for it, haha, so fun.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,

JayTee
    Haha, first time I tried I forgot to tell my dumb ass companions to hang back. That ended poorly.

Then I tried to dodge them as they were coming. THAT ended even worse.

Finally I stuck to the cliff wall as the bombs exploded feet from me and sook my screen like a rattle. I was pinned in an Alcove (Ze alcoves) and it was actually intense.

Great part.

Pretty sure Worf-Mutant guy is a classic Fallout character, you know from the old original games.

Yes he is. He keeps going *nudge**nudge* I wandered the Wasteland with this lone wanderer. We blew up an oil rig. *wink*. I think things turned out all right for him. *wink*
    He's the fucking hideous guy if you image search Fallout 2, I believe.

Anyway, I haven't had a glitch in forever, but I had the worst one ever last night. Catastrophic. And I'm wondering why it seems to always wait until the very worst time to glitch.
    Shee, apparently that "Pushy" power fist I was bragging about, the best weapon I've ever seen...well apparently it's so fucking powerful, that it's post-modern meta, so bad-ass that in one punch it can obliterate the rules of the game in real life.
    For you see, I have done tons of exploring, new things, new, scary things...it's all I've done recently. Well last night, I was in the mood just to spend a little time getting something I knew out of the way.
    Come Fly With Me was the first questy-quest I ever did in the game...then I did it again when I started over, so I sure haven't rushed over to do that again with melee/unarmed guy.
    But last night I was actually in the mood to repeat it, to get it out of the way, no stress.
    It takes such a long time, too much backtracking, but I'm almost done with it...a Nightkin attacks...I don't want my friends to go unconscious,so I slap on "Pushy", and punch the Nightkin.
    And the wicked blue corona of force flies out, hits ED-E, it says, "ED-E's zapper is crippled. "...k, whatever, my guys have gone unconscious a thousand times.

But then, pOw! ED-E blows up, blows to bits, and then there's no sign of his ball-corpse on the floor.

I figure, yeah, wull, he'll reappear next time I go through load door.
    But he never did.
    I checked, I still had his enhanced sensors.
    Okay, so he's not dead, it's some weird thing. Maybe if I finish the quest it'll reboot his casual ass.

But I finished the quest, waited, went home, slept in my bed, waited 3 more days...no ED-E.
    This had to happen, near the end, of literally the only boring quest in the game, to me, that is annoying because I've done it 3 times now and it involves so much backtracking.
    Why did this not happen, say, my first time into the Legendary Cazadore mine, so I could just load the autosave, and start over, now, fully aware that when they say that your companions can't die in casual mode, it is a fucking lie.
    I looked it up and it's happened to others...losing ED-E for the whole game, 'cause he died, in casual mode...even worse...you do not lose his enhanced sensor perk. The retarded game, I guess ED-E's with you "in spirit"...'cause you can not fire him and get a different follower.
    Haha, I'm mad about having to finish CFWM again, but that's kind of cool, you can't even be 100% sure that your guys are safe even in non-hardcore...'cause "Pushy" may punch so hard it breaks your PS3/game disc.
    Hahaha
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,

i made a new chick character she's really pretty. the dudes are all beasts tho holycrawp.

thanks for the headers up that pushy does so much damage that it breaks the game lmao

Well, I carefully plowed through that fucking quest AGAIN, finally decided to enter the dreaded Strip ( I hate it there, takin' my guns and shit...giant depressing halls with a few gamblers, playing games I hate to play...which is why I'll never get all of the trophies, 'cause no way in Hell am I going to "Win 30 Games of Caravan", etc. Might as well incorporate football and facebook into the next Fallout. ), did the Benny+Ambush part and finally entered the Lucky 38 for the very first time.

Of course I hate houses where you have to go through 3 or 4 load doors just to get outside, but the Lucky 38 one sure is tempting after you upgrade it all.
    Also, Odo's voice did not bug me as much as I thought it would, as much as Worf's did and as much as Matthew Perry's did. (so sad, probably the only real Fallout mega-fan in the voice cast, and also the worst voice actor of them all. I hope he choked 'cause he was so nervous 'cause he fangasmed at the thought of forever being a big part of Fallout history. That's the only way it's forgivable...like smooth little babies. Benny was obviously written as Ray Liotta in Goodfellas (1990), so there's no way they'd actually get him to do it, but imagine how much better Benny would have been by Ray "Dough Golem" Liotta. )
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 11-11-2010 at 06:53 PM.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,

I just saw a street punk chick let her mutated dog take a dump on the sidewalk.
    I went after her to yell at her to go back and clean the dog crap up.
    She went down the alley. She saw an empty Coke can on the ground and picked it up, to use her Survival skill to fashion a crack pipe out of it.
    I thought, "This is so Fallout. "
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,

+ Reply to Thread