+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 215 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Fallout

I've heard the same thing, MC.

I have the 38 and Benny's pad at the Tops, but I never put my stuff there. Getting into NV with all the checkpoints is too difficult. I stay at my tiny motel in Novac!

The more I hear about NV the less inclined I am to buy it... I feel like I could just start F:3 over, get the like, five or six achievements I'm missing and get the same amount of satisfaction.

Also, my class schedule is dumping a shitload of work on me and I doubt I'll have an extraordinary amount of time to play it.
    bloot

Like I said, the amount of time I have already sunk into it, its well worth the $60 tag, moreso that any other big budget game this year. Its not bad, its not even just "decent". Its a pretty good game that follows in the greatness of F3. Its very similar to another Obsidian title, KOTOR2. It followed what is my favorite game of all time with a very good game.

That said, wait until a break, only because you will fall into it and lose track of time.

You'd be missing a lot of cool stuff if you didn't own it.
    Also, maybe it's 'cause I played 900 hours of F3, but this game seems like a better (in many ways, like some stuff is phenomenally good, like they just polled fans and omitted stuff that sucked in F3 and augmented the good stuff from it) , bigger game, and yet it seems to go way faster (They are so cheap. They brag about hundreds of locations? Well one of them is "An Abandoned Shack", and that's all it is...there isn't even anything in it. My friend goes, "That should be a hollow triangle: This Bush..."You have discovered This Bush.") and I don't see the overwhelming need to replay it 20 times, seems like one awesome experience of discovery and getting bad-ass, and then a fun thing to play around with a little after that.
    If your massive life choices at the end were manifest in a continually playable world, that'd probably be different.

Anyone who ever liked Fallout though, has got to experience having an eyebot buddy.
    Last edited by Wilhelm; 11-05-2010 at 08:10 PM.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

I'm sure the inevitable DLC expansion that lets you play after the end of the game will show changes to your world.

Or atleast I hope so.

You can't continue after you finish the main story? What.

That was one of the biggest complaints about Fallout 3. I delayed beating the game for ages because I knew this! They eventually patched it, it was such a problem with fans! AND THEY GO AND DO IT AGAIN
    bloot

I just wanna see Area 51.

Quote Originally Posted by jackrabbit View Post
    You can't continue after you finish the main story? What.

That was one of the biggest complaints about Fallout 3. I delayed beating the game for ages because I knew this! They eventually patched it, it was such a problem with fans! AND THEY GO AND DO IT AGAIN

Money.

MC, I bet 51 will be DLC.

JayTee
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    I just wanna see Area 51.
    Is it there?

Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    Money.

MC, I bet 51 will be DLC.
    It bettah be the first. And the next one better be Broken Steel-esque goddammit.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Is it there?
    Nay nay. I haven't got the explorer perk but nada talk about it.

+ Reply to Thread