+ Reply to Thread
Page 1286 of 1386 FirstFirst ... 2867861186123612761284128512861287128812961336 ... LastLast
Results 12,851 to 12,860 of 13860

Thread: Comics

Happy?

And Mildred Louis, an illustrator who lives near Boston, rejected the idea that a black character should be the work of a white writer.
    “Our lives and experiences aren’t a thought exercise,” Ms. Louis wrote on Twitter. “We don’t exist so you can ‘get better at writing.’ ”

Of course not.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

Bendis has an adopted black daughter, it's not like he's just a random honkey randomly writing about a black character to make himself look good or something
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

She's super smart and built her own iron suit, so the logical thing to do is for Tony to step down as iron man and let a child face the life threatening dangers.

The race-bait aside, child prodigy characters are the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Bendis has an adopted black daughter, it's not like he's just a random honkey randomly writing about a black character to make himself look good or something
    That's just cultural child appropriation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    had to be the movie costume huh

preserved for posterity

a real world representation of Captain America to influence the minds of future generations

the first movie costume.
    The TFA costume is so good tho
    It's all in the 'stache

Quote Originally Posted by zyzyphus View Post
    She's super smart and built her own iron suit, so the logical thing to do is for Tony to step down as iron man and let a child face the life threatening dangers.

The race-bait aside, child prodigy characters are the worst.
    Well comics have a long and storied history of child endangerment

I do wish we could get away from all of these legacy characters and just let them be new characters. She could be Iron Maiden or Robo-Girl or something and team up with Tony.

I would guess that Tony is stepping away though due to whatever he finds out about his parents. So he'll quit to go find himself or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post

I do wish we could get away from all of these legacy characters and just let them be new characters. She could be Iron Maiden or Robo-Girl or something and team up with Tony.

I would guess that Tony is stepping away though due to whatever he finds out about his parents. So he'll quit to go find himself or something.
    Honestly, I'm betting the reason they're doing this to all established characters is due to creator ownership rights. No one wants to use their good ideas on the big two if they don't get to own the characters. So instead of a cool new character that happens to be a black woman, we get this. Admittedly, I don't know how contracts are done now, but look at all the Jack Kirby controversy, or the guy who created Rocket Raccoon, just to name two.

At this point, I don't care what they do because in 10 years all this crap will only live on in shitty top 10 list articles going "Remember when Captain America Was a Werewolf?! WTF was THAT all about?! "

What's embarrassing, are comments I see saying "Fan boys are hating it, so I know I'll love it!"

What a sad joyless life one must have that a qualification for liking something is that someone else doesn't like it.
    Last edited by zyzyphus; 07-07-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Yeah the contract and rights stuff is a bit confusing when it comes to Marvel/DC

Like Tom Lyle complained about not getting royalties on Stephanie Brown unless she was Spoiler. So that era where she was Batgirl or any time not being Spoiler, he got nothing.

a real quote from a real author about the real DC reimagining of the Flintstones

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Russell
    Yeah, I do want it first to be funny and an entertaining read. But I do think there’s a lot of darkness when you’re talking about civilization forming at the start of the human race. There’s a lot of Faustian bargains we had to make to come up with cities and appliances and workplaces. So, I wanted The Flintstones to include the more troubling elements that go into creating a civilization, while still making it funny and engaging.

here are some real pages

Fucking mind-blowing.
    So a kind of batshit Neal Adams writing is on its way to becoming The House Style?

That Black caveman freaking out because they didn't understand land ownership...
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

when watching the Flintstones as a kid, did u get the impression that Fred looked like Superman?

+ Reply to Thread