Thread: NFL Chat: NFL West is NFL Best

So, Chip Kelly allegedly offered all of THIS:
    -2015 first rd pick (20th overall)
    -2016 first rd pick (13th overall)
    -2015 second rd pick (47th overall)
    -Any QB on the Iggles roster
    -Any defensive player on the Iggles roster

To the Titans, for Marcus Mariota.

Holy shit, I would've been incredibly tempted if I were Tennessee. This is a Rams-Skins fleecing all over again.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

That is insane. And yeah I would have been tempted as well. I've seen less lopsided trades in Madden, that's for sure.

I guess the Rams haven't really reaped the benefits of the RG3 trade just yet so maybe that's why the Titans held back?

Playing armchair gm for a sec, I probably would have taken it. With all those assets in return you can probably come up with a decent three year rebuild plan around all those picks and players. Lord knows NFL owners are impatient fucks who rarely dedicate themselves to a proper rebuild (Cleveland) though
    It's all in the 'stache

What the shit? The number 2 pick for Fletcher Cox (any defensive player on the Eagles roster) is a slanted trade towards the Titans. The rest is bonus.

BUT

If you look at the Titans core after this draft (where they likely get Tunsil), thats pretty good. The picks don't add up to even value of the 2nd overall pick, and the QB the Titans would get from the Eagles would be a shitty QB, so its really just Cox for the 2nd overall pick. Very good trade for the Titans, but having a QB can make or break a franchise. Look at Cleveland. They are losing FA left and right, and part of it is due to the fact they don't have a QB who can help them. They don't have that "hope".

Its also potentially a solid trade for the Eagles. Mariota in Kelly's system would obvs be better than Bradford or Sanchez, and if you can get your franchise QB, isn't that worth all the picks? I'd trade the Cowboys 4th overall pick this year if I knew I was getting a QB to replace Romo (when he retires) for the next 10-15 years.

This trade reflects worse on the Titans than Chip/Eagles. If the Titans turned down Fletcher fucking Cox plus picks for the 2nd overall pick, they are stupid. I bet most teams trade their starting QB for that deal, and even the teams with the best QBs probably think about it more than they would admit.
    http://filthysushi.tumblr.com/

"I donít get sick. I donít observe major holidays. Iím a jackhammer.Ē

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    I guess the Rams haven't really reaped the benefits of the RG3 trade just yet so maybe that's why the Titans held back?
    Nah brah

Rams got a ton of value back from that trade. They drafted extremely well. They just play in the same division as the Cards/Seahawks/49ers, who have each been considered one of the top 2-3 teams in the NFL since the trade happened.

The more I think about it, the more I think this wasn't just for the 2nd overall pick. I think the Titans were asked to put more into this. Again, Cox on his own is worth a top 5 pick, so why would the Eagles give up Cox plus picks for just the 2nd overall pick? I'm guessing the "any defensive player on the team" had stipulations along with it. For instance, it was probably if you select a top tier player like Cox or Kendricks, you have to trade us Casey. Then mid tier for mid tier and low tier for low tier. There is no way the Titans turn down this trade if its only for the 2nd overall pick.

BUT

If you think Cox is worth that high of a pick, then thats 3 first round picks for Mariota. Its very likely that by the time they pick this year, the Browns will have spent 3 first round picks on QBs since 2012. Is it worth it to the Titans to keep the 2nd overall pick if they think Mariota is legit, rather than keep resetting your team because you don't have a QB? Probably so.

JayTee
    YES.

The NFL basically told Georgia "Hey if you pass that ass blastingly retarded 'religious freedom' hate bill, no Superb Owl for you".

That's the dumbest god damned bill I've ever heard. So super stoked. Thank you NFL.

Alfred Morris and Patrick Robinson are in Dallas right now, and it sounds like Dallas really wants them. Morris and McFadden would be a great combo, and Robinson would give the Cowboys a good slot CB and also lets them cut Carr.

HYPE

HHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Also, Nick Fairley is meeting with the Pats, because why the fuck shouldn't the Pats have more good moves this offseason.

Oh yeah, we'll take those dudes
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

And the new Browns QB just might be RG3. Browns looking at him hard apparently

RIP
    It's all in the 'stache

And Alfred Morris is now a Cowboy. Congratz Ben
    It's all in the 'stache

+ Reply to Thread