+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 943 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: NFL Chat: NFL West is NFL Best

So what does everyone think of Jerry Rice being named the NFL's greatest player?

King of the Monstars Les Groper's Avatar
    What's the top 10?

Grand Vizier of Biscuit Equity Daisy's Avatar
    1.WR Jerry Rice
    2.RB Jim Brown
    3.LB Lawrence Taylor
    4.QB Joe Montana
    5.RB Walter Payton
    6.QB Johnny Unitas
    7.DL Reggie White
    8.QB Peyton Manning
    9.WR Don Hutson
    10.LB Dick Butkus

EDIT: Daisy got there before me

I was watching 1st and 10 a couple minutes ago, and Mark Schlereth had a pretty good explanation regarding it. They vote on this by giving guys a number between 1 and 10, and after collecting votes from however many people, the guy with the highest score wins. Everyone is going to vote Rice a 10 because they think no other receiver is close to being as good as he was, whereas when you look at QBs, some may say Montana, some may say Unitas, some may say Elway, etc...

That said, its got to be Montana. Also, Manning in the top ten is kind of confusing.

So, uh, Roy Williams has some pretty interesting things to say about how the Cowboys will finish the season

"You know me. I think we can go nine in a row, if you ask me," said Williams, according to Bill Nichols of The Dallas Morning News. "People can call me stupid or whatever but this football team has the corps of players and the supporting cast of players to win nine in row. We just got to get it started."
    Haha, ok, well lets see...

"Nine in a row is going to be tough, especially with the schedule we have," he said. "But if we just take it one game at a timem just give your best for three hours on a Sunday, just one Sunday out of the week because there's only one Sunday in a week, then we should be good."
    You are correct Roy. You play on Sundays and there is only one Sunday a week.

http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/11...35&feedID=4680

JayTee
    Hope they don't have any Monday or Thursday night games this season or his plan is fucked.

Can't Wait to be King Charles Brodin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    I was watching 1st and 10 a couple minutes ago, and Mark Schlereth had a pretty good explanation regarding it. They vote on this by giving guys a number between 1 and 10, and after collecting votes from however many people, the guy with the highest score wins. Everyone is going to vote Rice a 10 because they think no other receiver is close to being as good as he was, whereas when you look at QBs, some may say Montana, some may say Unitas, some may say Elway, etc...

That said, its got to be Montana. Also, Manning in the top ten is kind of confusing.
    But doesn't it mean something that no one was close to Rice, but plenty of people were close to Montana?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaytee View Post
    Hope they don't have any Monday or Thursday night games this season or his plan is fucked.
    Hahahaha
    It's all in the 'stache

Poor Wade Phillips. He just had the biggest "Aw shoot" look on his face.

+ Reply to Thread