+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Deadpool 2 (2018)

I thought it was decent but i felt some of the jokes fell flat. A good portion were funny and making fun of the other superhero movies did have its moments.

Spoiler:
    the whole thing with vanessa dying so quickly into the movie felt unearned. Yeah she was a major character in part 1 but her being killed did very little to move the story forward. It was more of giving a reason to get rid of her to make way for cable and domino.

It was disappointing never seeing the xforce team fighting juggernaut (like xforce comic #3). And the deadpool “death” scene went on a bit too long.

The positives though are cable and to my surprise domino and juggernaut as its about as comic accurate as they could get, aside from not bring crimson. The xmen and brad pitt cameos were great as was the post credit scene.

it was a fun movie and still a nice change from the standard superhero movies. Not as tightly written as dp and i felt it had some pacing issues at the beginning and at the end.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

Quote Originally Posted by equint77 View Post
    I thought it was decent but i felt some of the jokes fell flat. A good portion were funny and making fun of the other superhero movies did have its moments.

Spoiler:
    the whole thing with vanessa dying so quickly into the movie felt unearned. Yeah she was a major character in part 1 but her being killed did very little to move the story forward. It was more of giving a reason to get rid of her to make way for cable and domino.

It was disappointing never seeing the xforce team fighting juggernaut (like xforce comic #3). And the deadpool “death” scene went on a bit too long.

The positives though are cable and to my surprise domino and juggernaut as its about as comic accurate as they could get, aside from not bring crimson. The xmen and brad pitt cameos were great as was the post credit scene.

it was a fun movie and still a nice change from the standard superhero movies. Not as tightly written as dp and i felt it had some pacing issues at the beginning and at the end.
    This is pretty much how I felt about this minus the X-Force, what happened to them was hilarious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoler View Post
    This is pretty much how I felt about this minus the X-Force, what happened to them was hilarious.
    I gave it some thought and it was funny what happened to them but it also opens the door
    Spoiler:
    for a new xforce as that original liefeld team was basically erased in the comics

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

I was hoping to like this more?

I think the humor was funnier and the action scenes were better (although some of the CGI) but the story was just lacking.
    Spoiler:
    In the end, did people really care if Cable killed Russell?
    emperor of DKB or something

+ Reply to Thread