+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Top Games of 2017

Dead Danson

Top Games of 2017

Gimme your lists.
    1) The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch)

The Legend of Zelda used to be the franchise that brought the industry to its knees. On the eve of a new title, it was expected that every other game on the market would be doomed to antiquation. As the years have progressed since Ocarina it seemed the Zelda series settled for greatness over godhood. Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Link Between Worlds are all amazing games, but they were all iterative. Breath of the Wild has doomed the market to antiquation. Open world checklist games are dead. Zelda has brought back a sense of success in exploration that I have not felt since the NES days. For a title to make me feel childlike wonder in a time when the industry machinery has been exposed, video games are alive and well my friends.

2) Super Mario Odyssey (Switch)

When Super Mario 3D World arrived, I truly felt that Nintendo had run out of ideas. It seemed my questions of “How will they top Galaxy” would never be answered. Little did we know that the solution was in our hearts the entire time: Super Mario 64 + The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild X Super Mario Galaxy = Super Mario Odyssey. The pleasure has been all mine.

3) Persona 5 (PS4)

Video game length continues to increase as my availability becomes limited. Conversations in my dating life went from “kids in the future” to “kids in the next few years.” With the dawn of free time approaching, I naturally decided to bury my final years by chasing waifus. Taste makers sang praise of Persona 5 with confidence that it was a JRPG like no other. Indeed, they were correct.

4) The Evil Within 2 (PS4)

After years of dipping my toes in the survival horror genre, developers finally released an entry that pushed all the right buttons. Terror came not from jump scares but from bending the mind. Death came not a from a lack of ammunition or poor controls but from my own stupidity. Gore came not from vulgarity but from precision. This is one of the best survival horror games of all time, period.

5) Destiny 2 (PS4)

2013: “Destiny sounds like the type of game I would never play.”
    2014: “Destiny has great gameplay but lacks any sort of cohesion or endgame to keep me playing.”
    2017: “Destiny 2 is the full package and my favorite Bungie game since the original Halo.”

Dead Danson
    2017 Games From Before 2017

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Switch)

What was once old is now new once again. Mario Kart 8 was an already amazing game, but the return of dual weapons and legitimate battle mode has elevated this to one of my all-time favorites.

Rocket League (Switch)

What a save! While it looks much worse than its console counterparts, Rocket League on the go has been bad for my social life. Why talk to people at dinner when you could go for the hat trick?

Final Fantasy XV (Xbox One)

To finish a Final Fantasy post-IX is a rarity these days. Square deserves props for taking the series out of the dark ages (XIII) and into the modern era where belt buckles are limited and combat is fluid.

2017 Games For 2018 Winners
    Cuphead
    Resident Evil 7
    Prey
    Last edited by Dead Danson; 12-29-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Dead Danson
    Miscellaneous Honors

Outdated by Zelda Award: Horizon Zero Dawn(PS4)
    Not Mad, Just Disappointed Award: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (PS4)
    Not Disappointed, Just Mad Award: Marvel Vs Capcom Infinite roster (PS4)
    Still Holds Up Award: Grim Fandango (PC)
    Good but not as Good Award: Deus Ex: Mankind Divided (PC)
    Wow It Works Award: Doom (Switch)
    Let the Past Die, Bring it to Switch Award: Metroid: Return of Samus (3DS)
    Best Faces Award: Injustice 2 (PS4)

Daayum, I wish I had Link's motorcycle in RL.

Tha's NASTy.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

So he hasn't played Witcher 3?

Im usually a year behind on games. I just got horizon zero dawn last month so i probably wont be playing until well into the new year..

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

1. Prey

i like how spider thingers turn into other things lol and the glue gun is funtimes.

2. Nier Automata

2b is T H I C C

3. Hollow Knight

it's like dark souls but with bugs

4. Cuphead

it's like dark souls but u have a cup for a head

5. Super Mario Odyssey

I like how u go to newdonkcity and u can wear a fancy hat and suit lol

6. Hellblade

if youd like to experience psychosis its a goodtimes

7. Horizon Zero Dawn

robot dinosaurs and there's an armor where u can see her stomach

8. Nioh

it's like dark souls except youre geralt from witcher 3

9. Reisdent Evil 7

infinite ammmmmo

10. Mass Effect Andromeda

the puzzles were just sudoku puzzles but with alien symbols the best puzzles ever

also destiny 2 wins award for being the worst fucking game in the universe and bungie is dead goodbye forever

Dead Danson
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    also destiny 2 wins award for being the worst fucking game in the universe and bungie is dead goodbye forever
    Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    10. Mass Effect Andromeda

the puzzles were just sudoku puzzles but with alien symbols the best puzzles ever

i dunno destiny 2 like took away a ton of the best shit from the first game and none of my stuff came forward to destiny 2 coz theyre like "its a fresh start" and like ok, but why do you keep bringing back the old exotic weapons and armor from the first game but i cant get my cool ship from the first game. all the ships in destiny 2 suck balls

also i am not a happy they put in an invisible xp debuffs if you played too long. and when they got called out their answers was to double the amount of xp you need to lvl up and nerf the amount of xp you get from activities LOL at least andromeda had sudoku

+ Reply to Thread