+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

you don't get to bring friends tiny white penis's Avatar
    Also holy shit I forgot about that mad Max review. I'm hilarious.
    My brother and I always tried to make swords out of aluminum window sections. Then duel, my brother always calling for the power of Greyskull.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Dude,

one of the big overriding thing I'm fucking sick of here, specifically, that has been going on for years...is this utter, bullshit
    about how I'm doing this shit,
    and everyone else is just mindin' their own business...just tryin' to have some fun and enjoy some nice conversation
    when suddenly, I pop in to "generate" political drama all over them, the poor victims.

utter, nonsense

~OBSERVE:

BLUE = Talking About A New Nerd-Movie

RED = Passive-Aggressively Attacking People In Service To A Racist, Sexist Political Agenda In Order To Signal Supposed Moral Superiority, Knowing That It Will Stir Shit, 100% On Purpose

Let's look at a review from equint:

At this point we’re being spoiled by these movies.
    What made bp work so well was the characters and their interactions.
    Shuri is such a great addition to the mcu as was nakia.
    It still does go through standard comic tropes.
    Hero falls but wins in the end which can start to get stale.
    Killmonger was/is one of the better villains which isnt saying much but he was menacing and intimidating which was a nice change.
    serkis was great at as klaw and chewed up every scene he was in.
    I also liked how they gave m’baku more than just a villain/enemy role.
    I would have loved to seen more daily life within wakanda.
    I left with a big smile after that second post credit scene.
    White wolf!!

and now, Lee's

This was a really well produced superhero film.
    It was the first time in a while where I wasn't feeling too hung up on the paint by numbers storytelling that Marvel has so efficiently employed.

I know I might get some backlash here but it was so refreshing to see a story from a completely different cultural perspective both from a pan-African one and also having really strong female characters that were never truly in the male gaze.
    (I don't think this was completely hundred percent avoided but it definitely allowed the females to have their own strong parts.)
    The acting was also a really strong aspect of this film and it was great to see a really strong ensemble cast of under represented actors who get to shine in a film where they're not being overshadowed by white people.

(Come at me bro!)

But as always, Forrest Whittaker turns up as a gruff messenger, still looking as tired and melancholy about being Forrest Whitaker as he ever does.
    The film allowed you to invest in the characters, especially the secondary ones and although I would have liked to have seen more of him; Killmonger was a great villain perhaps criminally underused in parts.
    This was a slick action flick that utilised a completely new take on what we have seen before even though it did venture into similar territory by the third act.
    As always, Marvel gives you what is expected with lots of vehicle, on land battles and one on one showdowns that lead to where you probably think it's going to.
    Overall, I thought this was a solid 8/10 and I'm looking forward to seeing a sequel

What kind of a douchebag, says "COME AT ME, BRO!"
    and then acts all shocked when Bro comes at him??

I just watched the Red Letter Media review.
    Mike said a similar thing to something Lee said.But he didn't couch it in racist, sexist, Leftist dogma-preaching.
    So, I didn't have a thing to say, just like I didn't have anything to say after I read what equint wrote.

LITTLE TIP
    If you say, "COME AT ME BRO!"
    Don't cry when Bro comes at you.

Pretty basic stuff there.
    It was more in reference to the fact that I know posting something like that on this forum will probably end up me with mebeing attacked, but I was just stating my honest opinion and snarkily put 'Come at me bro', knowing I'd probably be hunted down for having my own opinion which wasn't yours.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoler View Post
    I like Wilhelm more than Movies but I like Lee more than both of you.

I dunno, for the first time I just thought...this isn't fun?

And for those that know me, I've always been on the left. I'm no militant though, I just like discussing.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoler View Post
    I like Wilhelm more than Movies but I like Lee more than both of you.
    Good story, Bro. Go back to watching pixar movies that make you feel all warm and tingly inside as you make terrible life choices.

/Movies Unchained.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm
    You're fucking DANGEROUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    So then, after that, someone spreads false information about me losing my job and being homeless,
    and Ferocia does a Mr Sparkle laugh at that
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    and says it's great because I deserved it.
    and then Wilford Brimley laughs and laughs using Digital Blackface to express her joy over me being homeless and unemployed.

You people are fucking Evil.
    Own it.
    this post?
    http://derkindervolksbiergarten.com/...l=1#post439273

i can see why you would think that but,

note that i was "laughing" at the irony of you losing your job to a Black man (dunno if twas meant to be a joke from Equint -- i took it as such, still find it funny -- or part of the false information being spread about you), in the middle laughing randomly at posts on the page
    also note the attached edit about me thinking Mee was messing around bc it seemed Ferocia and whoever else actually believed you became unemployed-homeless
    Last edited by Wilford Brimley; 02-19-2018 at 07:27 PM.

How many threads is Kaine going to bring shirtless Marvel characters in?
    emperor of DKB or something

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    How many threads is Kaine going to bring shirtless Marvel characters in?
    The guy can only post if he's masterbating as well. It helps a little bit more just to add the pictures.

Thanks for confirming that those men are sex objects and conceding the argument Lee. Very generous.

Erz my plan is to hit ALL the threads!! Every single one, until you see sweaty Marvel men abs in your dreams.
    Kaine's comics

'Donate' to the KaineDamo Bitcoin fund: 1EiTw2zBmjgNaKkqoMaEV1QrgcE4ZGsHKT

If you really want to chat about this, I'll post, Kaine. But if it's just... "YOUR WRONG! I'm RIGHT! HUZZAH!" I'd rather not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm
    You're fucking DANGEROUS.

+ Reply to Thread