+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

There's a backlash on RT/MC in terms of audience scores even with the high critical score.

Wondering if there's a # social movement. #notmystarwars
    emperor of DKB or something

Rogue One is the best Star Wars movie we’ve had since the original trilogy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

I'm going to put everything I have to say in a spoiler tag because I'm sure I'll be weaving in and out of spoilers.

Spoiler:
    I feel like I should be extremely clear that this movie did not suck. In fact, there are so many great moments, worlds, set pieces, acting, etc, that it's hard not to find things to like about this movie. I didn't like the way they handled Luke Skywalker (I feel like that's a personal preference), but I can't get over that a lot more than I can the lazy writing. Canto Bight is an extremely cool planet, I loved the gambling atmosphere, how the elite creatures in the galaxy make a profit from the wars, I liked "DJ", but literally everything about the Resistance story line and that planet served no purpose to the overall story. Everything Finn did didn't matter at all, Benicio Del Toro was extremely wasted, and the horse creatures were very reminiscent of the Phantom Menace. I feel like if Holdo would have told Poe and crew: "Chill guys, here's my plan." that would have saved a lot of time. Also, it was dumb "Hey, we need a reason for Finn and Rose to meet DJ in jail, so let's give them a parking ticket." Later, Phasma shows up just to die, which I guess is standard of Star Wars villains...

I agree with Mark Hamill that a lot of liberties they took with Luke Skywalker seem extremely uncharacteristic of him. He gave into fear (the path to the dark side) and attemped to murder his nephew. Even if he backtracked towards the end, it seemed like a very un-Luke thing to happen. He reminded me of a bitter atheist, haha. Renouncing his old faith has a crock of shit. That force projection of him at the end was extremely badass, that whole sequence was pretty cool. A lot of ways they used the force this time around was pretty cool between the projection and the mind connection. But using the force to fly? And force ghosts can summon lighting?

I liked that Rey's parentage didn't matter whatsoever, I figured that might happen. I loved Kylo and Rey's interaction a lot, they have really good chemistry and I kind of want them to hook up now...That scene where they take on the guards with their lightsabers was one of the best moments in all the star wars movies. I was really hoping that Kylo Ren would have turned to the light and Rey turned to the dark side, that would have been a pretty great twist. But then they were back to square one?

Yoda was shoehorned, it would have made more sense if it were Obi-Wan. I feel like they wrote themselves into a corner with Luke Skywalker now that Carrie Fisher is actually dead, I'm positive he'll come back as a force ghost now in Episode 9. A lot of the "humor" in this was pretty dumb. I don't know, this movie was underwhelming, but still good? And still slightly better than The Force Awakens? I'll have to watch this again now that a lot of the jarring feelings are gone. I liked Chewbacca eating a Porg.

I'm just ranking the episodes here for a minute...

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. The Last Jedi
    5. The Force Awakens
    6. Revenge of the Sith
    7. The Phantom Menace
    8. Attack of the Clones
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

Forgot Rogue One.
    emperor of DKB or something

Also, the end with the slave children would make much more sense after 9 since the next trilogy won’t be about this.
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

1. The Empire Strikes Back
    2. A New Hope
    3. Return of the Jedi
    4. Rogue One
    5. The Last Jedi
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. The Phantom Menace
    9. Attack of the Clones
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

Dead Danson
    I remember as a kid just dreaming of all the cool things Luke did after Star Wars. Being Jedi James Bond, going across the galaxy to restore peace and order.

Im so glad they made these movies, so I can finally see Luke Skywalker
    Spoiler:
    drink from alien tits and die from trolling too hard.

These mother fuckers.
    Last edited by Dead Danson; 12-16-2017 at 03:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clurk View Post
    I remember as a kid just dreaming of all the cool things Luke did after Star Wars. Being Jedi James Bond, going across the galaxy to restore peace and order.

Im so glad they made these movies, so I can finally see Luke Skywalker
    Spoiler:
    drink from alien tits and die from trolling too hard.

These mother fuckers.
    :slow clap:

Yeah I agree with almost everything in this thread. It's like... I liked this more than FA and there were a lot of good things like the Rey/Kylo convos and the fight in the throne room and LAURA DERN

but fuck luke's attitude ... it's such a 180 for him from what we know.. i completely agree with nirvana in saying he was like a bitter atheist lol.

i also could not give two shits about the resistance storyline ... plus it's like... there are so many unanswered questions and im wondering like are they saving those for another trilogy? like wtf led to this 'new order' and who the fuck is paying for all their weapons etc lol

like within leia and luke's lifetime this happened basically making it feel like their first 'adventures' were all in vain and the galaxy is just doomed to be ruled by a bunch of leather wearing assholes...

yoda was thrown in there, but i liked how he was a puppet again

i also like how rey's parents were losers lol it's nice they didnt try to shoehorn her into some weird daughter of obi wan or something role. ALSO, i liked the slave kid using the force at the end because it makes you wonder how many people out there are just casually using the force
    wow

1. Empire Strikes Back
    2. The Last Jedi
    3. A New Hope
    4. Rogue One
    5. Return of the Jedi
    6. The Force Awakens
    7. Revenge of the Sith
    8. Attack of the Clones
    9. Phantom Menace
    HUNKA HUNKA!

+ Reply to Thread