+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

What a giant turd. How could anyone defend this?

|\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Luke hid in exile after failure the same way his masters did

It’s the Jedi way
    Except they both stepped up right away when needed.

Also, their failure wasn't pulling a lethal weapon on an innocent sleeping child. That's not an "oops" moment of weakness type of failure.

Yes, these things are true
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

I wouldn't care about the SJW/feminism stuff if the story was actually well-written and if Rian Johnson had actually watched The Force Awakens.

Oh he watched it

And then he decided rather than pick up and play with any of the story threads JJ setup, he’d just squash them all. #subvert

Which makes it even weirder that JJ is doing the next one. It’s like he unboxed this great new toy for Christmas, he showed off all the stuff it could do, then he handed it to his friend Rian. Rian promptly twisted and mangled it, handed back to JJ and left.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

They should've done what Marvel did and had an overarching story control how much freedom each director has on each movie

This is what happens when you dont plan ahead. Disney/lucas knew theyd have 3 directors (or they were). They should have had them sit down prior to work out some cohesive story/arcs through the 3 movies and iron out any ideas.

now JJ has to work off a script that keeps leia alive, forced some awful love triangle between finn, rey and rose.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

I saw this again yesterday. I feel like this new Disney Star Wars is really gender blind. Sure Rey/Jyn are females but nobody acknowledges it or gives a shit in the story.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by equint77 View Post
    This is what happens when you dont plan ahead. Disney/lucas knew theyd have 3 directors (or they were). They should have had them sit down prior to work out some cohesive story/arcs through the 3 movies and iron out any ideas.

now JJ has to work off a script that keeps leia alive, forced some awful love triangle between finn, rey and rose.
    To be fair, George Lucas created a love triangle between Han, Leia & Luke and we all know how that turned out...

+ Reply to Thread