+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)

Quote Originally Posted by The Amazing Lee View Post
    Disney loves buzz, negative or positive. Star wars is the type of brand that people will go see it regardless of reviews just see whether people are right or wrong.
    Yeah but like we’re seeing with the dceu, bad buzz isnt a good thing. Not to the point where people start to become indifferent with each installment, especially if theyre planning on making movies outside of the well known characters all people know (sw fans and casual viewers).

If they cant make a good movie based on young han solo, or one that doesnt make people excited, how can they sell one about boba fett or whoever they want to give movies.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

I don't necessarily mean bad buzz in regards to reviews but bad buzz in terms of things going wrong behind the scenes. It's exposure and for Disney, they tend to be involved in the spreading of it. All exposure is good exposure to them. I mean, I think they knew that they would rustle a few feathers with the last Jedi but I think it is definitely going to be talked about for a long time.

I have a feeling it will also be a film that people will warm up to, the more that they watch it. It definitely has more replay value than 'The Force Awakens'.

HA, some idiot on youtube was telling me that everyone loves Last Jedi and the bad audience reviews
    ( all over the world, even at small local theaters that poll audiences? )

were just Alt-Right bots trying to make it look bad because of Diverthity.

The Audience Strikes Back: 'Last Jedi's 77% Fri.-To-Fri. Plunge Is Worst Ever For A Star Wars Pic

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcain.../#67a62ee857fa

orly?
    I guess this is...just, Russian Hackers...not, buying tickets?

FUCK, your SJWars, J.J.
    You people will never win.

As Miles Bailey, a formerly fervent fan of the Star Wars films told me, “Disney shouldn’t bank on the hardcore, cosplay, convention crew like myself seeing this film 6, 7, 8, 9 times. Episode 8: The Last Jedi set out to kill everything about episodes 1-7 and succeeded. I’m not excited by Solo or episode 9. Star Wars is done for me.”
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

I don't necessarily mean bad buzz in regards to reviews but bad buzz in terms of things going wrong behind the scenes. It's exposure and for Disney, they tend to be involved in the spreading of it. All exposure is good exposure to them. I mean, I think they knew that they would rustle a few feathers with the last Jedi but I think it is definitely going to be talked about for a long time.

I have a feeling it will also be a film that people will warm up to, the more that they watch it. It definitely has more replay value than 'The Force Awakens'.
    It might be a movie that needs a few more viewings to warm up to, maybe see things i missed the first time around. Honestly after the first time i watched tfa at home i havent really gone back and rewatched the movie completely. I just ff to the return of the falcon and when rey uses to force to grab the lightsaber. Oh and han and chewie’s first scene back.

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

To be fair Miles Bailey, none of us are excited for Solo.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

I 100% agree with this. I've seen it twice now and plan to see it again soon-ish, the more I've had time to sit and think about this, I've really come to appreciate it and it's definitely one of the better Star Wars films, possibly even the third best in the series? I'll see how that holds up once I see it again. I think once the initial shock/polarizing effect wears off a lot more people will appreciate it.

Also, I finally recently listened to the score in it's entirety and it's definitely one of John Williams best Star Wars scores. Probably his best behind only Return of the Jedi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

I wasn't sure I liked it the first time. I now think it's in my top 4 (at least).

I saw Justice League twice in theaters. I enjoyed it way more than this shitfest. I’m saying this knowing full well JL is not a well made movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoler View Post
    I 100% agree with this. I've seen it twice now and plan to see it again soon-ish, the more I've had time to sit and think about this, I've really come to appreciate it and it's definitely one of the better Star Wars films, possibly even the third best in the series? I'll see how that holds up once I see it again. I think once the initial shock/polarizing effect wears off a lot more people will appreciate it.

Also, I finally recently listened to the score in it's entirety and it's definitely one of John Williams best Star Wars scores. Probably his best behind only Return of the Jedi.
    I wasn't sure I liked it the first time. I now think it's in my top 4 (at least).

My friends basically said the same things haha

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

what an awful movie. fuck. disney is ruining star wars.

+ Reply to Thread