+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Justice League (2017)

This movie was fine

Had some good parts, Superman was sooo much better written.

But, generic boring story, sooo much CGI, generic British-voiced video game villain
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

How is this movie too much and also not enough, all at once? It could have been longer, probably needed to be longer, but also some of what's in there is pretty useless.

Did we really need the Lord of the Rings MotherBox backstory stuff?

Spoiler:
    What sense does it even make, if that happened thousands of years ago, and then the boxes started going off when Superman died, signaling Earth was ready for the taking...? What about all that time in between? Green Lanterns were there, but where were they this time?

What happened to that thief Batman caught and used to lure the Parademon in the beginning? He just left him there on the roof, didn't turn him in or tie him up or anything.

Superman's CG face was super-distracting. Even Lady Mee who knew nothing about the backstory, didn't know to look for it, leaned over to me and said "what's wrong with Superman's face?"

How are they going to explain Clark Kent being alive? They totally avoided that, but at the end he's got the glasses on and everything so the secret ID is back.

ALL of that said. Ezra Miller is a pretty fun/charming Flash (still needs a better costume), Batfleck is pretty good but I won't be bummed if he does leave, Gadot is still great, Aquaman grew on me, I dug Cyborg and dug him even more
    Spoiler:
    at the end when they showed him smoothing out his armor
    , and like I said Superman was much better.

So I'm excited for the Flash solo movie, I'm excited for The Batman whoever Batman happens to be, I'm actually really excited to see a Man of Steel sequel now , and I'm down for the JL sequel hinted at in the after credits sequence. The cool thing about DCEU Batman is just how much he looks and moves like the comics. I don't think 'Fleck has brought anything to it really, acting-wise, he's good enough but not special.
    Last edited by Mee; 11-27-2017 at 03:48 AM.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2 and whatever they try and squeeze out by 2019.
    emperor of DKB or something

Shazam! with Zachary Levi

Yea, this definitely made me excited to see a Man of Steel sequel as well. I'm not sure anyone pointed it out, but I'm glad that Superman finally used his freeze breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    Aquaman and Wonder Woman 2 and whatever they try and squeeze out by 2019.
    Still ambivalent about Aquaman

Excited for WW2

Ambivalent about Shazam. That’s going to be a tough one to pull off.

Wonder Woman 2 was fasttracked to a December 2019 release (prior to being pushed up to November to not conflict with Star Wars) a month after WW premiered.

Superman which they shouldn't call Man of Steel 2, the earliest it could be released is 2020. 7 years after the original.
    emperor of DKB or something

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    How is this movie too much and also not enough, all at once? It could have been longer, probably needed to be longer, but also some of what's in there is pretty useless.

Did we really need the Lord of the Rings MotherBox backstory stuff?

Spoiler:
    What sense does it even make, if that happened thousands of years ago, and then the boxes started going off when Superman died, signaling Earth was ready for the taking...? What about all that time in between? Green Lanterns were there, but where were they this time?

What happened to that thief Batman caught and used to lure the Parademon in the beginning? He just left him there on the roof, didn't turn him in or tie him up or anything.

Superman's CG face was super-distracting. Even Lady Mee who knew nothing about the backstory, didn't know to look for it, leaned over to me and said "what's wrong with Superman's face?"

How are they going to explain Clark Kent being alive? They totally avoided that, but at the end he's got the glasses on and everything so the secret ID is back.

ALL of that said. Ezra Miller is a pretty fun/charming Flash (still needs a better costume), Batfleck is pretty good but I won't be bummed if he does leave, Gadot is still great, Aquaman grew on me, I dug Cyborg and dug him even more
    Spoiler:
    at the end when they showed him smoothing out his armor
    , and like I said Superman was much better.

So I'm excited for the Flash solo movie, I'm excited for The Batman whoever Batman happens to be, I'm actually really excited to see a Man of Steel sequel now , and I'm down for the JL sequel hinted at in the after credits sequence. The cool thing about DCEU Batman is just how much he looks and moves like the comics. I don't think 'Fleck has brought anything to it really, acting-wise, he's good enough but not special.

This is the right opinion.

Good job, Meeford.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm
    You're fucking DANGEROUS.

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    Wonder Woman 2 was fasttracked to a December 2019 release (prior to being pushed up to November to not conflict with Star Wars) a month after WW premiered.

Superman which they shouldn't call Man of Steel 2, the earliest it could be released is 2020. 7 years after the original.
    Yeah just call it Superman or something

real story:

my boyfriend fell asleep FOUR TIMES in this movie

then we were both mad and snuck into ''daddy's home 2'' after this snoozefest ended and we both had more fun watching that

like this wasn't the worst

but it wasn't a fun movie to watch at all
    wow

+ Reply to Thread