+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Same
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

can i buy a joi hologram thinger did they make one for movie merchandise please

I watched it again. It's great, holds up well. I do think it is overly long though. Some things could have been cut down for sure.

Also I think this image is funny and a bit misleading.

Kaine's comics

'Donate' to the KaineDamo Bitcoin fund: 1EiTw2zBmjgNaKkqoMaEV1QrgcE4ZGsHKT

Quote Originally Posted by KaineDamo View Post
    I watched it again. It's great, holds up well.
    3 months later

Im really surprised how much i liked this movie. Im not a big a BR fan as kaine but i do appreciate the movie. I agree with everyone here that it looks amazing. Takes some of the look of the original but clearly an updated world. Im so glad i avoided all spoilers for this becuase that ending was brilliant.

The movie is a bit lengthy and there were smal parts that could have used a tad bit better editing like letos speech at the beginning as hes examining is new replicant. but its really a minor gripe.

i liked joe and joi’s relationship and yeah in this movie she was smoking hot. Dayum. If shes the prototype for hologram wives take my money.

it was Kinda cool they took their time to reintroduce deckard, it allowed the story to build better, made the joes decective work a chance to be more interesting and all the more satisfying when they drop the big reveal.

a nice surpise and ill be watching the final cut sometime soon.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Johnny View Post
    The hologram to me was less about a concrete sexual experience and more about fulfilling an emotional connection that was lacking in K's life. K is shown to be sexually desired by his boss and by the replicant prostitute he runs into on the street, and even by the main antagonist but would rather touch-in to a fake relationship that he feels is more "real" and emotionally rewarding. This is why the scene at the end when he is confronted with the hologram ad is so important to the themes of the film and so crushing.

That's assuming you wanted a serious answer and weren't just interested in kaine's sex life. Personally I'd give her a ridiculous accent and have her hold tea parties for me.
    I though joi was o e of the better charaters in the movie. She did a great job of filling a need for k/joe and helped balance his character a bit more than just a dedicated, serious, lifeless blade runner,.

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

i tried to watch this and got so bored i fell asleep and i dont think i'm going to try again

holo-gf was cute

i felt bad for her when she was like leaning in for a passionate kiss and bae was like 'press that ol' pause button'

i legit fell asleep before jared leto even made an appearance

WILL i try to rewatch this?

only time will tell
    wow

Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    i tried to watch this and got so bored i fell asleep and i dont think i'm going to try again

holo-gf was cute

i felt bad for her when she was like leaning in for a passionate kiss and bae was like 'press that ol' pause button'

i legit fell asleep before jared leto even made an appearance

WILL i try to rewatch this?

only time will tell
    They really needed to trim his scene, it went on and on with really no point if only to have luve seek the bred replicant. There were parts where i felt like i might get drowsy but i really dug the detective work and trying to solve the pieces of the mystery. I may revisit the movie later this year. Maybe watch both so i can get a better feel of their connections.

i looked on youtube last night on easter eggs/references to BR1. Some really cool things i missed.

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

the pacing on this movie sucked

felt like a 70s movie
    wow

It's thinking like that that keeps Hollywood making Transformers and Maze Runners

+ Reply to Thread