+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IT (2017)

Quote Originally Posted by Lackey View Post
    I agree with Wilhelm. I never liked who they got for Pennywise or how they did the makeup.

This guy has a certain creepiness in the eyes, but it's a pretty boy, date rapey creepiness

It was more the writing than him. They didnt give the guy much to work with. That ending with pennywise dropping in the well, not how it happened in the book. Could have easily had beverly hit her with the silver. They ommited that and that she was the best with the slingshot of the group.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

Quote Originally Posted by Franny Powers View Post
    Folks, this Pennywise was truly fantastic. I can't tell you enough how tremendous his casting was for this film. I've told many of my friends that this is the greatest, best adaptation of Pennywise anyone could ask for. Truly incredible.

To those who bash him, you clearly don't like Stephen King novels or good films. Sad!
    This. I recently watched the miniseries for the first time and the following night went to the newer one. This one was better acted as a whole from the kids to Pennywise. This Pennywise was creepy as shit. I disagree about the gore, I felt it was plentiful. In the miniseries a lot of the violence is implied whereas here you clearly see Georgie get his arm ripped off and gushing blood. Same with when the kids carve onto the other kid's stomache. That shit is intense to see.

I loved how this movie balanced the humor, horror, sense of innocence, and adventure all in one. I loved this and I hope they have a decent cast for the sequel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by ThePoler View Post
    This. I recently watched the miniseries for the first time and the following night went to the newer one. This one was better acted as a whole from the kids to Pennywise. This Pennywise was creepy as shit. I disagree about the gore, I felt it was plentiful. In the miniseries a lot of the violence is implied whereas here you clearly see Georgie get his arm ripped off and gushing blood. Same with when the kids carve onto the other kid's stomache. That shit is intense to see.

I loved how this movie balanced the humor, horror, sense of innocence, and adventure all in one. I loved this and I hope they have a decent cast for the sequel.
    the kids carried the movie. The losers club is how i imagined them to be in the book. The way ben has this huge crush on beverly, how beverly has beverly has a crush on bill. The back and forth between eddie and richie. They even included the hint of beverly's father being sexually abusive which was also hinted at in the book. There's this whole theory of how the bathroom scene is a metaphor for beverly which goes over my head haha.

i also liked how they set stanley's arc for the second movie and why he does what he does later on.

Like i said, it felt like a mix of stranger things, goonies and lost boys.. all great movies to compare to. I just felt they could have gone much further with pennywise.

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

Haven't seen this yet, I hear the cliche loud noise stuff in Hollywood horror movies practically ruins the horror. Enjoyed this assessment of the book:

Kaine's comics

'Donate' to the KaineDamo Bitcoin fund: 1EiTw2zBmjgNaKkqoMaEV1QrgcE4ZGsHKT

King had to be pretty coked out to write that sex train they ran on beverly in the book.

btw.. i recommend dr sleep. Really good book and king made a great new hero in abra stone.

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

God I hope the orgy scene isn't in the sequel.

And I hope they don't make Bill and Bev a couple, I liked Ben getting Bev, he deserves her.

Saw it again with a buddy tonight, and holy fuck that projector scene is terrifying.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

Theres going to be an extended cut with the home release

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

Be Kind
    this movie is all hype. trash. 4/10. the kids were annoying as fuck, this thing suffered from DUDE JUMP SCARES and DUDE WE GOTTA R-RATING LET'S SAY FUCK 97 TIMES LMAO.

only good thing about this movie was pennywise but even then he was trying too hard to be randumb and cooky XD

fuck this shit. horror for the normie crowd

The thing missing from Pennywise is the scumbag NY accent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

Not sure if pennywise is from ny. He's lived in maine for millions of years so id imagine he'd have one of their accents, at the very least that retarded boston accent.

+ Reply to Thread