+ Reply to Thread

Thread: War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)

War for the Planet of the Apes (2017)

5 years after the events of Dawn, and 15 after RISE, Caesar is still fighting a war that the humans started. He is still haunted by the death of his once close ally, Koba.

At the end of Dawn, the humans send a distress signal to a military group from the North. 5 years later, they are still fighting the apes and trying to find and kill Caesar.

Blue Eyes and Rocket come to the woods with news: They have found a new home past the mountains. A huge lake, trees, and a warmer/desert climate. Their current woodland home is in danger of being discovered.

The Simian Flu, meanwhile, has grown worse over time. Some humans are now sort of reverting to an ape-like state, not being able to speak, and carry some more primitive behavior.

The threat becomes truly real when the military group discovers Caesar and the apes' home in the woods, led by the monstrous Colonel (Woody Harrelson). When the Colonel kills those close to him, Caesar seeks revenge on the human...

This movie was FANTASTIC. Holy shit. Amazingly done.

Andy Serkis deserves a goddamn Oscar nomination for this role. Maurice is great once again, and the scene-stealer is Steve Zahn as Bad Ape. He's hilarious and ends up being a great character in the film.

Go see this movie. This is definitely one of the best trilogies in science-fiction history.

Matt Reeves is going to fucking kill it with The Batman.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

The CG in the clip I saw
    was so good that it's spooky, like it must be witchcraft.
    It just looks like they hired human and ape actors.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

Massive fan of this series, looking forward to part 3.
    Kaine's comics

'Donate' to the KaineDamo Bitcoin fund: 1EiTw2zBmjgNaKkqoMaEV1QrgcE4ZGsHKT

I saw this Thursday night, I thoroughly enjoyed this, but I had the same problem with this as I did with Logan. It's extremely well acted (Serkis really should be recognized at this point), directed amazingly, the story is very well written, and the CGI is so realistic it's eerie. Those close up scenes of Caesar breathing through clinched teeth and tears? Good God, truly incredible. BUT, there are a lot of really slow moments throughout the movie that made it feel longer than it is. I guess with a title like War I was expecting a lot more battles rather than the two. Really good movie, though. This is an incredibly solid trilogy and it's up there with Toy Story, The Dark Knight, and Captain America as nearly flawless trilogies.

And how about that trailer for The Shape of Water? I had no idea that movie exists and was pleasantly surprised by the trailer, it looks amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

+ Reply to Thread