+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Baby Driver (2017)

Baby Driver (2017)

A young getaway driver named Baby (Ansel Elgort) drives from robbery jobs for Doc (Kevin Spacey) to pay off a long-overdue debt.

Baby meets the woman of his dreams, Debora (Lily James), a diner waitress. Her dream is to go West and never look back, and he desperately wants to join her.

Baby has tinnitus, which causes a small ringing sensation in your ears and sometimes never goes away. He's had it since he was a small child and got into an accident. To drain out the hum in the drum, Baby listens to music tuned for his mood or the situation (i.e. he makes the robbers wait until his song restarts on the iPod to pump him up).

Once a new crew member, Bats (Jamie Foxx) joins the gang, things start to go south. Bats is literally batshit insane, and immediately has some weird grudge against Baby just for being a little different.

This movie was soo awesome. It's the most fun I've had watching a movie in a long time. Edgar Wright kicks ass once again, and the music is so good. You could tell Baby and Debora have great chemistry, you really wanted them to succeed and run away and be together forever.

Awesome stunts/driving, awesome editing, and a great soundtrack. This movie rocks.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

This is the best movie I've seen all year, easily. So fucking rad. Jon Hamm stole this movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

Yup, this was great. I think the foot chase set to 'Hocus Pocus' by Focus was my favourite scene. I've gotta go see it again this week.

I fucking love Hocus Pocus and this made me love it even more. Great film! Definitely need to see it again in the cinema.

I think I have to give it another go. I mean I really liked it but I'm not like I have to see it again and buy the blu-ray.
    emperor of DKB or something

+ Reply to Thread