+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wonder Woman (2017)

Wonder Woman (2017)

They did it!

Seriously, though, this movie is legit so fucking dope, I loved it. This is the movie Thor and Captain America: The First Avenger wish they could be. Easily the best DCEU movie by a long shot, the best DC movie since The Dark Knight, and quite possibly in the top ten of my favorite superhero movies ever? I'm going to have to re-watch it. A lot of heart, really funny at points, fucking awesome set pieces, and pretty emotional at times. We all know her origin, so I won't jump into it, but I like the way they did it here. Gal Gadot is definitely a great Diana Prince. Chris Pine is pretty good and their chemistry is pretty on point. The villains in this were silly but they were there just to advance the plot.

When Wonder Woman first introduced at No Man's Land and her super dope theme kicked in, I'm pretty sure I whispered "Daddy" to myself in pure arousal. I also appreciate unlike Thor that they didn't skirt about the subject that these are very much gods amongst men. Another thing I really appreciated here as well is how they showed the horrors of war and how not everyone can be saved. I felt that was something that was missing in the First Avenger.

My complaints outside of the silly villains is that the end turns into a giant CGI battle that was inconsistent with the rest of the movie. This is going to be a major spoiler here, for a movie that is so pro-feminist, it's a little strange that
    Spoiler:
    Diana is only able to gain her strength once she experiences the death of the man she loves.
    A little counter productive.

But yea, I loved this. This movie was going to be my deciding factor on if I should give up on the DCEU, so now I'll give Justice League a chance. It took a woman to save DC. Also, for the first female directed major comic book movie featuring a female lead, I'm glad DC beat Marvel to this. I feel Wonder Woman deserves that over Captain Marvel. Yea, great great movie for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

I saw this last night and it's pretty good.

I have some nitpicks but it's hard doing comic book origins movies without using the same tropes.

Gadot was actually endearing and I enjoyed the whole fish out of water. The action scenes at the Front, I thought were better than the Final Battle.

Best DCEU movie (not the best compliment, I know.) So far, out of the DC movies easily top 5. Personally, Top 20 all time CBM.
    Last edited by Erzengel; 06-02-2017 at 03:49 PM.
    emperor of DKB or something

Spoiler:
    "for a movie that is so pro-feminist,"

Feminists hate it.
    Literally everything is sexist and everything is problematic.
    They see "Fish-Out-Of-Water" as "Mansplaining".
    They see her beauty, as forced compliance with Male-Imposed Beauty Standards.
    They think it's morally wrong, that she has shaved arm pits, because it's 2017.

"it's a little strange that Diana is only able to gain her strength"

What do you mean "gain her strength"?
    She looks insanely strong in all of the previews.

"once she experiences the death of the man she loves."

This is why Identity Politics are so lame.
    Was it "counterproductive" to the interests of men, when Peter Parker lost his powers because he was stressed out about Mary Jane and the guilt about Uncle Ben,
    and the thing that brought him back to form, was when he knew that he needed to rescue Mary Jane?
    It's a fucking movie.

Do you know how many characters find their strength after losing someone they love?
    Quadrillions.
    Human characters are free to play out things that happen in RL, because they're supposed to be humans.
    But WW shouldn't be a human and she's not free to play out a story like Punisher or Luke Skywalker or Spider-Man,
    because she's supposed to be a "productive" Feminist avatar, rather than just a human character in a human story?
    How depressing.
    It's like it's a religion and you constantly have to be wary of doing something that's Haram.
    "Good movie, but I was disappointed that the main character used the Lord's name in vain. Sets a bad example for society."

"A little counter productive."
    So this movie is activism, that is supposed to "produce" results?
    Did the Thor: Ragnarok preview seem "productive"?
    I'm not looking for Productivity in my entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Woke AF Nirvana
    Also, for the first female directed major comic book movie featuring a female lead, I'm glad DC beat Marvel to this.
    Hopefully Marvel will do a Puck movie, starring the first ever Little Person as a lead character, and they'll get a Little Person to direct it, so they can beat DC to making the first movie starring a Little Person, directed by a Little Person.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

Go see it Wil, it's great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

I'm already in at:
    Wonder Woman first introduced at No Man's Land and her super dope theme kicked in, I'm pretty sure I whispered "Daddy" to myself in pure arousal.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,

I was aroused when she said "men are not needed for pleasure" and she gave that look.

Wonder Woman diddles herself, guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

this movie was so good, guys

a review you can trust

I wish they'd just scrap Battfleck and Super Murderer and let the people who made WW run the whole JLA, if it's really this good.

It's bullshit that Wonder Woman is so amazing and Batman is unwatchable.

retards
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,

It it true they dont use the we theme??

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina