Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    What is heart?
    emperor of DKB or something

Saw it!

This was really good. It was nice to see a DC superhero actually care about people and save people. What a notion.

Chris Pine owns this movie. He is SO good in this. I actually started thinking during it, if they really were dumb enough to reboot Indiana Jones with a new actor, Chris Pine would be...at least better than Chris Pratt.

Gadot is good enough, looks the part for sure. The action is great but they could have dialed back the slomo.

Also my dad picked the movie time without realizing it was 3D, I hate watching in 3D, it's so distracting. So I'm excited to see this again one day in 2D is God intended.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

I liked how character driven it was. The end is very CGI schlocky but by that time they earned enough grace from me.

Yeah I think a lot of people overlook the 3rd act/villain reveal because the first 2 acts are good. But I know they have to keep the reveal underwraps but let's not believe he's more developed than most other comic book ones.
    emperor of DKB or something

Yeah the villian in this is generic and lame

The end fight takes place in the same rubble and flame world as the end to Dawn of Justice

And then when

Spoiler:
    all of a sudden WW could absorb Ares's energy blast into her bracelets and shoot it back at him??? That felt like the random powers in Superman II like the throwing S and Zod have telekinesis. Like "oh okay she can do this now I guess"

Also on the villian

Spoiler:
    I can't believe he just looked like that guy all the time haha. Bushy mustache stuffy British guy should have just been a disguise. When they show that flashback in ancient times of him all buff with that dopey mustache face? The heck was that? Haha

My friend saw it last week and he said he enjoyed it but he felt it took too cues from first avenger. World war setting, ragtag group who helps hero, love interest in the midst of war. I agreed but ww still stands on its own as it gets her character/origin right. Shes earnest and it never comes off forced.

Ares was a bit hallow as it took her about 10 minutes to kill him. Someone pointed out that steve trevor could have parachuted out instead. And yes here was way too much slowmo. They need to cut those out going forward, its too distracting.

Ive already preordered it on itunes.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

I don't think

Spoiler:
    Steve could have gotten out. I don't think they were near any ocean to drop the plane in. Plus his sacrifice meant more for the moral of the story than if he had lived.

Also my wife said this is her favorite superhero movie

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    Yeah the villian in this is generic and lame

The end fight takes place in the same rubble and flame world as the end to Dawn of Justice
    Yeah, third act still devolves into the same sort of amorphous power-slinging final fight against a big monster we've seen so often in these movies, where the battlefield gets turned into some sort of visually incoherent (un)natural disaster zone and everyone gets replaced with their weightless CGI doppelganger...but they imbued Diana with the sort of good-natured naivete-cum-wisdom which hasn't been done effectively since the Reeve Superman (maybe hints of it in Thor) and has been sorely missed in these capeshit flicks slanted toward "flawed" (read: angsty asshole, mopey douche) main characters over the last 10 or 15 years.

+ Reply to Thread