+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kill Yourself Kill Your Idea in Your Head Kill the People Who Want to Fund This

Kill Yourself Kill Your Idea in Your Head Kill the People Who Want to Fund This

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/11/...hornet-reboot/

Quote Originally Posted by BleedingCool
    If you, like lots of people we’re sure, have always thought to yourself: “I really enjoyed that Seth Rogen Green Hornet movie, but I wish it would be darker and edgier,” then today’s news is going to make your day. According to Deadline, Paramount has acquired the rights to make another Green Hornet movie, and they’ll be rebooting the franchise to create a more modern, “bad ass” superhero for the 21st century.

According to the report, Paramount and Chernin Entertainment plan to “overhaul the image of Britt Reid into an edgy protagonist capable of being the catalyst for a new franchise.” Following in the footsteps of such cinematic masterpieces as Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice and Man of Steel, Gavin O’Connor will direct the new film with a screenplay to be written by Sean O’Keefe. The film will imbue the Green Hornet mythos with “the kind of existential struggles evident in some Marvel and DC Comics franchises based on solitary, misunderstood anti-heroes.”

“My intention is to bring a gravitas to The Green Hornet that wipes away the camp and kitsch of the previous iteration,” said O’Connor, who is really into Green Hornet, gushing for several paragraphs about it. “I want to re-mythologize The Green Hornet in a contemporary context, with an emphasis on story and character, while at the same time, incorporating themes that speak to my heart.”

“I think of this film as Batman upside down meets Bourne inside out by way of Chris Kyle [American Sniper],” O’Connor said. “Is he a savior or a destroyer? Britt made money doing bad things, but moving forward he’s making no money doing good things. He must realize his destiny as a protector and force of justice by becoming the last thing he thought he’d ever become: his father’s son. Which makes him a modern Hamlet.”

Well, okay then. The only question is whether Green Hornet will keep his name, or change it to Muted Gray Hornet to match the film’s Zack Snyder-esque aspirations. We’ll keep you updated.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/the-gree...ee-1201854807/

Quote Originally Posted by Deadline
    “I’ve been wanting to make this movie — and create this franchise — since I’ve wanted to make movies,” O’Connor said. “As a kid, when most of my friends were into Superman and Batman, there was only one superhero who held my interest — The Green Hornet. I always thought he was the baddest badass because he had no superpowers. The Green Hornet was a human superhero. And he didn’t wear a clown costume. And he was a criminal — in the eyes of the law — and in the eyes of the criminal world. So all this felt real to me. Imagine climbing to the top of the Himalayas, or Mount Everest, or K2 over and over again and no one ever knew? You can never tell anybody. That’s the life of Britt and Kato. What they do, they can never say. They don’t take credit for anything.”

Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

They're definitely just going to call it Hornet, or The Hornet
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

What
    It's all in the 'stache

I think of this film as Batman upside down meets Bourne inside out by way of Chris Kyle [American Sniper],
    Ohh...
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

Dad whats an upside down Batman?

Is it because it took them this many years to realize the mistake of casting seth rogan?

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

I feel like a Green Hornet movie should be like that Henry Cavill Man From Uncle

Period piece allows for some of the cheese and camp
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

There's no one screaming for Green Hornet anyway.

It's not a hot property ensuring a safe investment.

Number of people living on Earth who even played with a half-assed Green Hornet doll: 128
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

+ Reply to Thread