+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Westworld

Quote Originally Posted by Franny Powers View Post
    This show is a masterpiece. Holy shit.

Next season won't come on until late 2018.
    Least I got loads of time to catch up
    It's all in the 'stache

I have to finish the last 6 episodes in case I'm switching/downgrading my cable service.
    emperor of DKB or something

Five episodes in...holy fuck, this show is incredible. This is Anthony Hopkins at his best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

I finished this last night. I'm curious to see what they do with season two. It started to get a bit convoluted when twists occurred every episode, and I wasn't a fan of how when the Hosts began to escape the facility it turn into this giant Resident Evil-like shoot em up. Which is a stupid complaint considering the series is a western and shoot outs happen frequently, but whatever. I like the themes that humanity is even more cruel than their creations, and the Jurassic Park like theme of playing Gods and if you should even stop to think if you should. Anthony Hopkins and Evan Rachel Woods deserve all the praise they are receiving for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

I'm 5 episodes into this and digging it. Anthony Hopkins and Ed Harris are really great.

The show overall I'd say is, pretty good.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

Great analysis, Mee.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

I like when the guns go BANG BANG

Finished

Was anyone else bothered by

Spoiler:
    the whole Mave plot? It felt like those two tech guys were waaay too willing to just go along with whatever and it took a long time to get to a point where Mave had any real control over them. That whole plot seemed too forced, it kept going because it was written to, never felt organic.

But all in all I liked it. I know I mentioned Hopkins and Harris before but Evan Rachel Wood and surprisingly James Marsden are really good too, as it goes on.

+ Reply to Thread