+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Death Stranding

Death Stranding kinda reminds me of Egyptian mythology:

http://classroom.synonym.com/egyptia...orus-6121.html

After being restored to life, Osiris became king of the underworld. In ancient Egyptian mythology, the underworld, also known as the duat, had great significance since the ancient Egyptians believed a person could not enter the realm of the gods without going to the underworld. Once there, a person's heart would be weighed on a scale, and if the person's bad deeds outweighed his good, a monster with the head of a crocodile would eat the heart. Horus became his father's representative in the world, and mediator between the world above and the underworld. Horus guided the souls of the dead to the throne of his father, Osiris, in the underworld.

I think our boy Norman Reedus is similar to Horus.
    Kaine's comics

'Donate' to the KaineDamo Bitcoin fund: 1EiTw2zBmjgNaKkqoMaEV1QrgcE4ZGsHKT

Theres still no release date for this game haha

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

I have found a theory video that gets it, nails what the fuck is going on not just in the trailers but this video manages to unpack the mystery of Kojima's plot clues in the trailers. He's spotted things I never did, and has an amazing theory of the plot/lore of the game and the player's part in the game that completely makes sense with everything we've seen so far.

And I'm gonna say this,

If this game is good, as good to play as MGS 5 is, on top of Kojima's total creative freedom at every level, AND has this lore,

Kojima will go down as an absolute creative legend, the best creator and artist of our time, someone as revolutionary and regarded as Shakespeare, or Jack Kirby, or Stanley Kubrick.

Some thoughts on this video:

Between 4 minutes and 12 minutes, just my opinion, drags on somewhat. It's like, "get on with it!" because he covers a lot of basic stuff about the Big Bang theory, evolution, the Cambrian explosion, but it's a highly produced video with relaxing visuals and that section does get into more interesting territory with String theory, multiple universes, the idea that maybe our universe rests inside a black hole, the idea of a mother universe, interesting stuff.

I think I had held back on making my own video 'cause I was aware that I wasn't seeing the whole picture, that I didn't exactly have a 'theory', it was more that I had lines of speculation. In summary, I had only seen a piece of the puzzle.

TLDW: The video basically lays out how the lore of the game will reflect real theories on physics (thus why we see things like dog tags with physics equations in this first trailer) and why there are literal strands connecting everything. The game will be about an organization that has invented technology that allows travel between dimensions - Bridges. Bridges discovers a threat to the multi-verse, beings of immense power that feed on the living. The babies are us, born into the world of Death Stranding. Our role as the player will be to fight in this conflict, we will BE Norman Reedus, the character Mads is playing is aware of us the player, it will be as though the video game is our portal to this struggle that we'd 'literally' be joining.

As good and as mind opening as this video is, I still think we're missing a complete comprehensive analysis on what it's all about. Which only makes sense because we haven't seen everything yet. We'll only be able to complete the puzzle once we play the game.

Here's what I know, although some points are bit more speculative than others:

Kojima wants to create the ultimate 4th wall breaking mindfuck. Kojima wants to show the advantages of video games that no other medium has. Mads is aware of the player. There are all sorts of odd connections between the trailers. I'm positive that watching the 3rd trailer backwards reveals further oddities. And, RagnaRox in that video pointed out a thematic overlap with Neon Genesis Evangelion, which has this image.

Now check out this overlay of the 3rd trailer with the 3rd trailer played backwards:

Skip to 7:34.

Multiple dimensions, time, everything is connected.

And, I think trailer 2 is like a higher dimensional representation of events in the 3rd trailer. The colossus pulling the strings in the third trailer, is Mads in the second trailer pulling the strings dragging the baby doll closer to him. I think the enemies ARE us, because everything is connected, and each of us will leave our mark on the collective game that we play.

Quote Originally Posted by equint77 View Post
    Theres still no release date for this game haha
    He's just gonna drop it. He'll pull a Bethesda, and drop it like a month after showing gameplay at E3 or something. Or maybe he'll do something even madder and just release it unannounced without showing any gameplay lol.

He wants to go down as the best. I knew that about him ever since the first cutscence of Ground Zeroes was released, with it's incredibly elaborate unbroken takes. And I have so much respect for him, creating such a compelling tragedy in MGS 5 under the sorts of restrictions he was under. Damn that game has so much understated stuff going on with Venom Snake.

He wants to do something completely unexpected. He wants to ruse us. He's the puppet master, that's his role.

EDIT: Just gonna watch this now. 7 minutes long, 13k thumbs up. Let's go.

Last edited by KaineDamo; 02-18-2018 at 03:49 PM.
    Kaine's comics

I love you Kojimaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    Kaine's comics

Further speculation on the nature of Kojima's master plan.

There's a general idea/theory that Kojima's super-ruse will involve many varied media outlets, that this has been years in the planning, and may have quite significant support in the gaming and general media industry. Some of it may be true, bits and pieces, others may be far reaching speculation. Anyway here's some of the stuff that's out there:

That Death Stranding poster is quite similar to this cover for the band Low Roar's album 0. It even has strands.

Kojima has used 2 songs from Low Roar in his Death Stranding trailers. Some suggest that this is more than just Kojima picking some songs from a band he likes, some suggest Kojima's directly influenced the group to the point that the songs directly relate to the game. And that even this music video has parallels with PT and Death Stranding, including an oily substance, cords and an alternate reality.

There's a great deal of selfies and such that Kojima has shared that feature the Silent Hill health drink. PythonSelkan did an analysis on that.

And this recent picture

What could this possibly mean? Konami owns the Silent Hill property.

Is Kojima just fucking with people?! Does Death Stranding tie into Silent Hill? Or maybe Kojima is telling us that Silent Hill fits in Death Stranding inside his own headcanon where Konami's lawyers can't touch him. I honestly have no idea.

He's traveled to so many game development studios, built a relationship with Guerrilla Games, visited all sorts of filmmakers and creatives and they'll visit him, all while he's meant to be neck deep in developing Death Stranding.

That girl is Grimes, she does music. Does this mean she will do some music for Kojima? Never heard of her until this. Her videos have tens of millions of views. I quite dig this tune:

Here's Kojima wearing a Death Stranding t-shirt while meeting Neil Blomkamp.

Could there be connections between some of the short films of Oats Studios and Death Stranding, as PythonSelkan have speculated?

And what about those within Konami that seem to throw some wrenches in the works behind the scenes (Kojima Productions Forever):

Has Hideo Kojima planned a super-ruse?

What is the nature of the super-ruse?

How deep does it go?

Data, Geordi, get on it!

Last edited by KaineDamo; 03-05-2018 at 06:08 PM.
    Kaine's comics

Some say that part of the Super-Ruse is that Kojima and Konami have faked their falling out and that Death Stranding will tie in with Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hills. There's some damned interesting bread crumbs to back this up.

Kaine's comics

edit
    Last edited by KaineDamo; 04-11-2018 at 08:05 PM.
    Kaine's comics

Last edited by KaineDamo; 04-14-2018 at 04:16 AM.
    Kaine's comics

That photos pretty badass

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

Kaine's comics

+ Reply to Thread