+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

10 Cloverfield Lane (2016)

Michelle (MEW) runs away from her fiancee. On the way out, she gets in a bad car crash. Michelle wakes up with a broken leg and handcuffed in a room located in a fallout shelter owned by Howard (John Goodman). Another person, Emmett, is in there with Howard voluntarily.

When Michelle wants to escape the shelter, she is met with resistance and anger from Howard. Howard supposedly makes up a theory that aliens have invaded Earth and they are the only 3 people left on the planet.

This movie... Umm... I honestly don't know what I just watched.

Goodman was great, he was an absolute weirdo and psychopath. He is not "all the way there."

Spoiler:
    It is not Cloverfield from the 2008 film. However, the aliens seemed to be a spiritual brother of Cloverfield. They invaded Earth in a lightstorm-type of attack, and have been killed off by armed resistance forces around the world slowly. At the end of the movie, Michelle escapes from a killed Howard (who shot Emmett earlier in the movie). Instead of going back to Baton Rouge, she decides to go help in Houston, to try and take back the Southern/Western parts of the U.S.

Good movie, great little thriller. But man... what a weird movie.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

Yea the
    Spoiler:
    Cloverfield name and knowing the connection from the start really flaws the movie. Should have went with another movie title, then we have that suspense of is it real or what and we see the address on that mailbox.

8.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

JayTee
    So without spoilers, it's a definite recommend?

if you like thrillers and MEW
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

Yes this was excellent but the witch was much better

JayTee
    Yeah this is really good. But a little bummed by the lack of original Cloverfield

I thought everything up until mew escaping was pretty good. It was a decent mystery movie (even though i knew the plot and ending). Once she got free the movie went downhill. Her throwing a Molotov cocktail at the alien/ship and then surviving that crash without even a scratch was just nuts. I also though john goodmans character swimming in that acid would have done way more damage or kill him.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

i dont get why they didn't make it more of a sequel to cloverfield

like have the same type of monsters outside instead of the aliens? or like... i guess does that mean that the cloverfield monster WAS part of the aliens? i dunno...
    wow

JayTee
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    i dont get why they didn't make it more of a sequel to cloverfield

like have the same type of monsters outside instead of the aliens? or like... i guess does that mean that the cloverfield monster WAS part of the aliens? i dunno...
    Yeah, I liked it a lot until the end and I realized it had literally nothing to do with the original.

yeah... what was the point of them even calling it 10 cloverfield lane?

i love cloverfield (it's one of the best 'found footage' movies in my opinion) and i liked this movie a lot but they have nothing to do with one another
    wow

+ Reply to Thread