+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thin White Duke is Dead. Long Live The Thin White Duke!

shit man what even, what, it's, ugh,

like, hey, i wasn't special, being smart and lonely and feeling weirder than my friends. you know, you're in high school and you start to realize before your buddies, "maybe i shouldn't use the word 'faggot' so much..." haha. "maybe 'gay,' isn't the #1 word of choice to describe negative things and to haze people with." and, importantly, "maybe i don't like Linkin Park as much as everyone else around me..."

and yet i STILL didn't get into him until a couple yrs later. until like 2006??? i've only lived with Bowie for 10 yrs, tops??? ugh. ugh.

just, the dude loosening up my mind's butthole about masculinity, about different kinds of music. dang.

Lemmy and Bowie man fuck 2016

why can't you take DJ Khaled and Bobby Shmurda
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

I got into Bowie when that astronaut made that music video for Space Odyssey, from space

what was that, 2 or 3 years ago? before that I only knew him from Labyrinth and Under Pressure w/ Queen

and fuck you TMZ, the name of the song was not Major Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    shit man what even, what, it's, ugh,

like, hey, i wasn't special, being smart and lonely and feeling weirder than my friends. you know, you're in high school and you start to realize before your buddies, "maybe i shouldn't use the word 'faggot' so much..." haha. "maybe 'gay,' isn't the #1 word of choice to describe negative things and to haze people with." and, importantly, "maybe i don't like Linkin Park as much as everyone else around me..."

and yet i STILL didn't get into him until a couple yrs later. until like 2006??? i've only lived with Bowie for 10 yrs, tops??? ugh. ugh.

just, the dude loosening up my mind's butthole about masculinity, about different kinds of music. dang.
    you'll always have bowie in your heart though
    wow

haha. yeah. i'm bein soft af about this.

wrote this,

Quote Originally Posted by asshole
    but u kno the ol' girl won't take 2 years off. she gon swing that scythe. write this down now, we are losing a LEGEND in 2k16
    immediately check FB and see Bowie news.

also, all the lyrics from the new album seem pointed and telling, now.

I've always heard Bowie before. I mean, I grew up with the 80s music and stuff like Labyrinth sticks with you for a long time. Didn't really get deep into Bowie until the late 00s, which was when I started to listen a bit more different stuff. Rough time for me, was going through the most difficult of times. Then I heard him in The Perks of Being a Wallflower. I already liked the Smiths and shit like that. Already listened to that kind of music. But I don't think I had heard "Heroes" in that concept. It fucking floored me. I never realized how wonderful music from the 70s could be.

Bowie. I didn't know you well enough. I didn't even listened to all of your music. I will. I'll try. Thank you for Lazarus.

Oi, Jake. Participating. No full list yet, but I got my number 1.

1. Robert Smith

I fucking swear if he dies before I can send my list, I'll be angry. Hopefully he won't die.

+ Reply to Thread