+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 36 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The Thin White Duke is Dead. Long Live The Thin White Duke!

The Thin White Duke is Dead. Long Live The Thin White Duke!

...David Bowie's twitter and FB are reporting that he's dead.

hopin 2 all lords that it's a hoax.

its true i think
    wow

oh wait maybe not. what haha thats awful who posted it on his page.. thats weird. i guess lets standby on this one for now lol
    wow

ummm Hollywood Reporter and Consequence of Sound are posting it now

i've never been sick over a celeb death before but this one is growing in my stomach. o gawd.

wow

I'm literally,

little window into the Jakester's life here,

I'm literally 75% done with a story that I started 2 weeks ago, about a regular person having a chance encounter with David Bowie. in the story he's sneaking away for a cigarette, which he "quit" 15 yrs ago but still indulges in once in a while, away from the wife.

WHERE IS ALL THE MAGIC IN THE WORRRRRRRRLD

this is a dude so legendary that he drops a sick, 4-star album 3 days before he dies????

i was going on and on with a buddy literally YESTERDAY, about how dope it was we got an album of bowie crooning over satan jazz. i've listened to the album over 5 times since it dropped on friday. what the FUCK. they just put out a photo of him in a Thom Browne suit like fucking yesterday???

im so sad right now i ALSO never care about celebrity deaths
    wow

fucking need 2 see a huge post from Wilhelm on this one and i promise i'll read it all.

fucking, i didn't get into him until college, and it was th^t video, star, Life On Mars?, on YouTube, that blew my 20 yr old mind, i remember being alone in my bedroom in my apartment with 2 buddies i grew up with, and all of a sudden i find the treasure trove of non-radio Bowie. i made a mix CD of '70s bowie that i played in my car forever. it was the easy stuff first on that mix, which was sort of chronological and then going story-wise starting with his version of All the Young Dudes and onto the main Ziggy story parts, thru the ones on Aladdin Sane i could make fit & then ending with Ashes to Ashes. when i got past that and found Station to Station??? aka my favorite Bowie?? and finally figuring out that was what the Red Hot Chili Peppers were going on about on that Californication song, off the first CD i ever bought for myself???

i mean i literally, literally only REALLY warmed up to the 2nd half of Heroes/Low this year when i got into a krautrock/ambient phase as fall turned cold and i needed music to walk to, or music to sit and write to. UGGGGGH. i finally got into some of his '90s stuff by listening to it while writing that story i'm working on, WHICH I DON'T EVEN KNOW IF I SHOULD FINISH NOW. god.

+ Reply to Thread