+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 40

Thread: The Revenant (2015)

  1. #21
    ( ͡į ͜ʖ ͡į) Franny Powers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    8,394
    k
    HUNKA HUNKA!

  2. #22
    Throbbing Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    34,839
    You know what I'd like to see?

    Porn for people who feel bad about liking Post-Apocalyptic movies for people who feel bad about liking Action movies.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

  3. #23
    allez-vous faire ThePoler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,581
    Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't think Fitz was that terrible a person in this? Glass OK'ed his death, then his son came up screaming and crying, and wouldn't listen to Fitz. If he kept on screaming, those damn injuns would have totes come sooner and killed all of them.

    Maybe its because the last film I saw in theaters was Hateful Eight, where everyone was just watching out for their own self, but I didn't really fault him for much.

    Also, while Leo will probably win for this, it wasn't his best performance, but I did expect more LEO SCREAM. Very little LEO SCREAM.

    I have listed a few complaints, but I did enjoy the film. I was speaking to Movies yesterday, and he put it the best way



    [/FONT][/COLOR]Thats pretty much it. Its got a ton of great moments, but it seems like Innaritu wanted to make an action film that the Oscar voters would be willing to vote for.
    This is pretty much how I feel about the movie. Although, I was very entertained throughout the entire thing. It got a little silly seeing the same four scenes of Leo stretched for fifty minutes.

    Spoiler:
    The final knife fight made me cringe way more than the bear scene.


    I did like this a lot, but it did come off pretentious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

  4. #24
    The Great Detective Goku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    16,556
    Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't think Fitz was that terrible a person in this? Glass OK'ed his death, then his son came up screaming and crying, and wouldn't listen to Fitz. If he kept on screaming, those damn injuns would have totes come sooner and killed all of them.
    but um..he is a terrible person because those Indians weren't close, he made that up so he could kill him and go home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

  5. #25
    bolt-on ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    11,207
    Yes, I know he made it up, but that doesn't mean it wasn't possible. If Glass' kid kept screaming, they would have shown up sooner.

    You do remember that they did end up showing up after Glass crawled away, right? Not hard to believe that if they heard a kid screaming, they would go to where the noise is coming from.

    And no, he isn't a terrible person. He is just trying to live his life in an extremely tough time and looking out for himself.
    http://filthysushi.tumblr.com/

    "I donít get sick. I donít observe major holidays. Iím a jackhammer.Ē

  6. #26
    Resting Face Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Depression bearding
    Posts
    9,334
    Just got back, and yeah, really damn great. The locations are incredible and so is the camera work.
    It's all in the 'stache

  7. #27
    The Great Detective Goku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Detroit
    Posts
    16,556
    Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    Yes, I know he made it up, but that doesn't mean it wasn't possible. If Glass' kid kept screaming, they would have shown up sooner.

    You do remember that they did end up showing up after Glass crawled away, right? Not hard to believe that if they heard a kid screaming, they would go to where the noise is coming from.

    And no, he isn't a terrible person. He is just trying to live his life in an extremely tough time and looking out for himself.
    then he shouldn't have volunteered...

    aka you dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

  8. #28
    Resting Face Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Depression bearding
    Posts
    9,334
    Didn't he get paid extra to stay along with the young kid?

    80 dollars I thinK?
    It's all in the 'stache

  9. #29
    bolt-on ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas
    Posts
    11,207
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    then he shouldn't have volunteered...

    aka you dumb

    You remember how he said he needed the pelts to live. Basically he had no life if he had no money?

    Yeah, that dude needs money.

    It isn't stupid to think "hey, this dude who lives in a hard time is only looking out for himself, which is what everyone else was doing except pussy Leo".

    By the way, in real life, Glass didn't kill Bridger or Fitz, and it wasn't just Fitz's idea (Bridger was totes in on it). I guess I'm looking more at what really happened rather than what happened in the dramatized pretentious movie.
    http://filthysushi.tumblr.com/

    "I donít get sick. I donít observe major holidays. Iím a jackhammer.Ē

  10. #30
    Resting Face Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Depression bearding
    Posts
    9,334
    From what I've read about the events, all we really know about what happened is that he got mauled by a bear and survived it. The story has been told, re-told and spun around so many times since 1823 that the facts aren't 100% on the money. Like there are rumours that Glass had a native wife and son, but nothing confirmed, Bridger knowing about there being no natives around when they ditched Glass is up to debate
    It's all in the 'stache

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts