+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Revenant (2015)

Just saw this. Really good but quite sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    i wonder if anyone calls ME toothless joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilford Brimley View Post
    ya'll can eat a fucking butt.

Yeah, the natural settings in this are gorgeous. You can smell the crisp wintery air and the greenery, and them filthy unshowered men in them shots. So great.

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILURRRR
    There are a few interesting recurring themes like the cycle of death, how absurd and ephemeral life seems as you watch the men brutalize one other in battle, for resources, out of hate/bigotry or whatever the fuck. Anyway, the tracking shot during the Pawnee attack following one person as he fights until he meets his death, then the shot picks up with the perpetrator, until he too is killed and so on... It's completely senseless, yet cool to watch. It sorta reminded me of an episode of Super Jail.

Tom Hardy plays a terrifying sociopathic mother fucker. Fitzgerald is a reptile. Except by the end, you end up humanizing him when you realize he's just a soul caught up in those harsh times when men kill, risk their lives and possibly their sanity, for fucking fur.

Leo gave a very good performance, although not Oscar worthy. The infamous bear rape scene is graphic as fuck. So so gross. I like violent scenes, but the sounds of flesh tearing and muddied for almost 5 minutes? Disgusting.

Real talk, the bear mauling scene disturbed me more than anything else. And I've seen some fucked up movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    i wonder if anyone calls ME toothless joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilford Brimley View Post
    ya'll can eat a fucking butt.

You can smell - them filthy unshowered men in them shots.

Let me at this movie!
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

This is coming to IMAX near me this Friday. Think I'm going to give it another go.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

I saw this on sunday night. when i came home I realized the golden globes had just ended and Leo won. This movie is fucking great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

Its a fine movie, but way too pretentious. Should have been a Cannon film. The hype made me expect something more, but what I got was a pretentious simple revenge story.

I like my simple revenge stories to have more one liners.

Movie was fine, but wasn't best picture quality.
    http://filthysushi.tumblr.com/

"I donít get sick. I donít observe major holidays. Iím a jackhammer.Ē

Am I the only one who doesn't think Fitz was that terrible a person in this? Glass OK'ed his death, then his son came up screaming and crying, and wouldn't listen to Fitz. If he kept on screaming, those damn injuns would have totes come sooner and killed all of them.

Maybe its because the last film I saw in theaters was Hateful Eight, where everyone was just watching out for their own self, but I didn't really fault him for much.

Also, while Leo will probably win for this, it wasn't his best performance, but I did expect more LEO SCREAM. Very little LEO SCREAM.

I have listed a few complaints, but I did enjoy the film. I was speaking to Movies yesterday, and he put it the best way

Quote Originally Posted by Moofyz on Facebook
    its basically an action film for people to watch so they don't feel bad they like action films

Thats pretty much it. Its got a ton of great moments, but it seems like Innaritu wanted to make an action film that the Oscar voters would be willing to vote for.

oh, ok
    HUNKA HUNKA!

+ Reply to Thread