+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Trek: Beyond

Somehow, the color palette and lighting make this feel like the fake looking Filmset days of the tv show.

And is this what drove Pegg to write that "too many nerdz!" essay a while back? Cuz I could see this sort of forced "dream" writing assignment leading to that epiphany.
    "Every old sock meets an old shoe"
    ain't that a great saying?
    "every old sock meets an old shoe."

Aww...Alice Eve isn't in this.
    emperor of DKB or something

aw man, no gratuitous bra shot?

JayTee
    Thank god for google then I guess

Simon Pegg says he didn't like the way the trailer was cut, says it's made to cater to a big audience but that there's a lot more to the movie

Via CBR

“It was surprising,” he told HeyUGuys. “I kind of felt it to be the marketing people saying, ‘Everybody come to see this film, it’s full of action and fun,’ when there’s a lot more to it than that. I didn’t love it, because I know there’s a lot more to the film. There’s a lot more story, a lot more character stuff and a lot more of what I would call ‘Star Trek’ stuff. But, you know, they’ve got to bring a big audience, they’ve gotta bang the drum.”
    So, I guess that's reassuring?
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

Unless Kirk ramping a dirt bike was just a clever editing trick and not actually in the movie, it's not very reassuring.

Yeah, there is that

A new character has been written in, High Commander of the Federation. Re-shoots are underway next week.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

I dunno, this still doesn't look very adventurous and fun

Looks okay I guess, but more doom and gloom

I do dig that shot of the enterprise warping from a distance, like its slicing through space.

This Spock doesn't understand logic if he thinks fear of death is illogical. Especially if it's Bones that corrects him.

"Hmm, we copied Star Trek 2 for into darkness, let's blow up the enterprise and show it in the trailer just like Star Trek 3!"

One thing I was hoping from a fast and the furious director, is when they go to warp, they do a high speed tracking shot going from sulu's hand racing through the sip interior/electronics and ending at the warp core lighting up then warping. Just like those Activating the nos moments from F&F.

+ Reply to Thread