+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Thor: Ragnarok

Not all that surprising, but Thor: Ragnarok might adapt the Planet Hulk storyline

http://www.geek.com/news/exclusive-h...ealed-1645446/

According to our sources, after Thor catches on to Hela and Loki’s (still mysterious) plot that is going down in Asgard, Hela destroys Mjolnir, and banishes Thor from Asgard (which we covered here). Loki and Hela’s plan involves the major arc of the Marvel Universe, and just when it looks like Thor is about to put a stop to it, he gets banished — but not to any old planet. He ends up on a gladiatorial planet where his head is shaved and he’s forced to fight for his life. Let’s call this planet Sakaar, like it was in the comic books.
    Thor knows that he has to get to some MacGuffin weapon object to defeat Hela and Loki (could this be the Infinity Gauntlet that Thanos is in possession of, or maybe an assemblage of Infinity Stones?) and he has to get off the planet. Thor runs through all of his alien opponents in gladiatorial combat, even without his trademark hammer. Finally, Thor has to face the current champion of the arena, and wouldn’t you know who that ends up being? The Hulk.

When we reconnect with Hulk in Thor: Ragnarok, he’s managed to avoid reverting back to the Banner state since we last saw him in the Quinjet in Avengers: Age of Ultron. Hulk in Hulk form is pretty much unkillable, so he survived the trip to Sakaar (however he got there). His “Banner” is starting to seep through into the Hulk persona, and because of the Hulk-Banner melding, Hulk actually remembers Thor and his relationship to him. That’s what starts the two on a Midnight Run to the MacGuffin that Thor desperately needs.
    Some of these details could shift like the sands of time considering the shooting script for Thor: Ragnarok hasn’t been locked down, but sources confirm that the outline is there: Marvel found a way to include the Planet Hulk storyline without having to attempt a solo Hulk movie where everyone is a CGI character, not to mention dealing with the character’s solo movie rights (which has some sort of hold-up with Universal). Instead, gladiator Chris Hemsworth will be the audience’s focus as Thor picks up Hulk on his road-trip through the stars.
    It's all in the 'stache

All seems rather convenient for him to get banished to where Hulk happens to somehow be

And we need another Thor banished and needing to reclaim the hammer story?

But whatever
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

JayTee
    But Thor and Hulk in the gladiatorial arena sounds amazing. If Marvel isn't doing this, they should really consider rewriting.

Loki is still pretending to be Odin, so it's still different in a way?

Heimdell could probably summon Thor to Banner or vice versa so there's ways they could do it. I don't know man, I just wanna see Beta Ray Bill because it'd be awesome and hilarious
    It's all in the 'stache

I would guess Heimdall, Sif and the rest get exiled as well, so they have something to do
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

Speaking of Beta Ray Bill, imagine if they had made Sif look like in the comics.

|\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

Not sure about heimdall since ilba is repulsed by being in marvel movies

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Speaking of Beta Ray Bill, imagine if they had made Sif look like in the comics.

Yeah I think they made the right choice
    It's all in the 'stache

Quote Originally Posted by equint77
    Not sure about heimdall since ilba is repulsed by being in marvel movies
    Haha, never heard that,

And in the actual scene my hair was different, my… [Sigh] I was like, ‘This is torture, man. I don’t want to do this.’ My agent said: ‘You have to, it’s part of the deal.’

I’m actually falling down from a spaceship, so they had to put me in harness in this green-screen studio. And in between takes I was stuck there, fake hair stuck on to my head with glue, this fucking helmet, while they reset. And I’m thinking: ‘24 hours ago, I was Mandela.’ … Then there I was, in this stupid harness, with this wig and this sword and these contact lenses. It ripped my heart out."
    so oppressed
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

For the 5 minutes he was in AOU he complained about how it hurt his soul or something. But meanwhile he's happy making commericals for splinter cell or some video game.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

+ Reply to Thread