+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows 10 shit

Windows 10 shit

ay guys there is some stuff u might wanna do if u just DLed Windows 10.

- search "windows update", click Advanced Options, click "Choose how your updates are delivered," and toggle OFF Microsoft's new bullshit where they basically turn your computer into a torrent seeder for updates. u don't need ur bandwidth being taken by foolios without u being aware of it. of course then u won't reap the benefits of this sort of update seeding (downloading data in pieces from multiple computers), but DLing straight from windows servers is how it's always been done and will probably be OK speed-wise.

- u may have seen an article about it somewhere but be sure to go into Settings and check off a bunch of stuff. Location services maybe, app privileges, egregious shit about m$ keeping keystroke & file content data about u, targeted ads. there's a lot of shit.

- i didn't like the search box in the taskbar being so big and having the words "search Windows and the Internet" or whatever down there at all times. u can right-click on it and go Search > Show Search Icon instead of Show Search Box. also u can turn off the Internet search so it just searches Windows cuz FUCK BING.

- the taskbar icons are pretty small on this but u can make them miniscule by right-clicking on taskbar > Properties and checking Use Small Taskbar Buttons.

this is what i have messed with so far

mac life over here

Godspeed
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

also when u hit the File Explorer icon, 10 opens up a Quick Access thing with recently accessed files instead of the old "My Computer" type of view with the C drive or whatevs. u can change that by going to the File tab in a File Explorer window and clicking on "Change folder and search options." Pull-down menu will let you open to "This PC" instead

thanks for this thread jake. You're a real boon to this board. A staple of this community. Thanks again.

FAGGOT

Every time this nagging box pops up trying to shame me into getting Windows 10 by telling me that everybody else is doing it,
    I just see a window popping up that says,
    "Do you not have enough problems in your life?
    Getting bored of the fact that you currently know how to solve the problems you do have?
    Get Windows 10."
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

I have that as well, I'm still on Windows 8 and am perfectly happy
    It's all in the 'stache

I got a new PC with Windows 10 - high end as fuck specs - and almost immediately encountered a problem

It wouldn't let me edit files on the PC. It kept telling me I didn't have permission. Permission from whom?? I'm the only motherfucker using the PC!! Apparently LOTS of people were having the same problem in my google searches, and there isn't a one-solution-fits-all solution. I was all over the computer trying to get the thing to give myself administrator privileges, but I already had them, still couldn't edit files I wanted to edit. I actually can't remember how I solved it. The 4th or 5th youtube video I watched had a solution that had a convoluted as fuck process that finally solved it.
    Kaine's comics

'Donate' to the KaineDamo Bitcoin fund: 1EiTw2zBmjgNaKkqoMaEV1QrgcE4ZGsHKT

boon to th' board
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

looks like im gonna do this in the next few days since hte free upgrade ends like jan 10th or something?

Jake, have you notices many driver issues? like printers or other peripherals not working anymore?
    "Every old sock meets an old shoe"
    ain't that a great saying?
    "every old sock meets an old shoe."

I got 12 free pizzas for updating to Windows 10.
    http://filthysushi.tumblr.com/

"I donít get sick. I donít observe major holidays. Iím a jackhammer.Ē

+ Reply to Thread