+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: No Man's Sky

Quote Originally Posted by KaineDamo View Post
    They should also get high and watch Fantastic Planet.
    as should all people
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

New gameplay trailer

Say WHAAAAAAT

What is the catch with this game.

There's no way its as expansive as they're claiming, that all of this gameplay is as smooth as it is in the trailers.
    Kaine's comics

'Donate' to the KaineDamo Bitcoin fund: 1EiTw2zBmjgNaKkqoMaEV1QrgcE4ZGsHKT

You feel it too, don't you? Clurk's Avatar
    So is it going to be a $60 purchase, a Minecraft type $30 download? Anyone know? ANYONE?

Quote Originally Posted by Clerk View Post
    So is it going to be a $60 purchase, a Minecraft type $30 download? Anyone know? ANYONE?

http://filthysushi.tumblr.com/

"I donít get sick. I donít observe major holidays. Iím a jackhammer.Ē

You feel it too, don't you? Clurk's Avatar

Say WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
    Kaine's comics

JayTee
    Petty complaint.

It seems small. Like the transitions are so fast. You're on the planet, go up for a few seconds and you're in an asteroid belt.

There needs to be more empty space.

I agree. The transition from being on the surface to being outside the atmosphere is too fast. If that shit took longer, you would have a better sense of the scale. I also think the planets are too close together; though they've stated that this is so they can have their sci-fi book cover look, with planets you can see on the horizon and that sort of thing, and that in some systems the planets would be farther apart.

The warp is also really fast. I read that for the purposes of the trailer, they cheated a bit and basically gave that ship unlimited warp capability, in the galaxy map he looks like he's going from one half of the galaxy to another and when he warps it takes like a second. These sorts of things ruin the sense of scale. IMO. Having billions of star systems and planets that you can visit in one game is an amazing achievement, let people take it all in.
    Kaine's comics

JayTee
    Yeah the sense of scale is ruined by it. Dead space is important in those kinds of things. I get that a game of this size that dead space would eat up and essentially waste a ton of memory, but it takes me out of the experience when you go from one planet surface to another in one minute of real time flight.

Still looks awesome though.

Good discussion about whether or not the planets are actually planet-sized planets. It would seem the ones we have seen in trailers so far are not planet sized, according to the explanations of this astrophysicist person in the following discussion. Sean Murray said the planets would be planet-sized. So either they're showing small planets for the purposes of their gameplay videos, or Murray is full of shit. It could be the 'catch' that I had been worried about, the niggling sense that 'this all seems too good to be true'. If there are no planets that are actually planet-sized, he should just be up front about it, 'cause it still looks like an amazing game.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyThe...sized_planets/
    Kaine's comics

+ Reply to Thread