+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The VR Thread

Not sure about the omni treadmill to be honest. It looks like you have to struggle against the fucking thing just to walk and how does it account for all the various controls first person games require? Like, how are you supposed to throw grenades, choose dialogue options in a Deus Ex sort of a game, all sorts of stuff that requires buttons rather than a big gun in your hand. And it looks expensive.

There's all sorts of various kits people are developing to go with the Rift like fucking body attachments all over the place that make you look like a cyborg and its like; this shit is obviously impractical and is nowhere near as developed as the Rift itself. The Oculus Rift is OBVIOUSLY going to be King of VR when it comes out and its competitors, like the Sony headset, are not even close to duplicating what it does (the sony headset doesn't cover your entire peripheral vision, it doesn't have head tracking, and it costs like a grand).

So anything that goes with the Rift - here are the key things for developers to note (all those developers that read DKB). It's gotta be practical and actually work with most current games and its gotta be a decent price for the consumer. Don't wheel out unfinished shit which to be honest the Omni looks years behind where it should be (IMO, I'm just judging by looking at the thing and people using it like they're fucking climbing uphill or something).
    Kaine's comics

'Donate' to the KaineDamo Bitcoin fund: 1EiTw2zBmjgNaKkqoMaEV1QrgcE4ZGsHKT

You feel it too, don't you? Clurk's Avatar
    When is the Rift supposed to be officially released? I feel like this thing has been hyped for years now.

Most people say this year.
    Kaine's comics

Yeah, I just want to use the damn thing, because Im reallllly tired of hearing from the press about how great it is. Feels like every other day there's a new article that's just "we used the Rift, it's pretty cool, perhaps someday, you too can use it."

Any word on pricing?

I think its meant to be around 300 dolla.
    Kaine's comics

Quote Originally Posted by Clerk View Post
    Yeah, I just want to use the damn thing, because Im reallllly tired of hearing from the press about how great it is. Feels like every other day there's a new article that's just "we used the Rift, it's pretty cool, perhaps someday, you too can use it."
    That is what sucks about the Internet info-glut.

I remember back in the before time way eons ago, seeing one TV show about how these Japanese guys were trying to make a TV with a picture so detailed that it'd almost kinda look 3D compared to our shitty TV's.
    Then I remember seeing a flatscreen TV shaped like a movie theater screen, at a furniture store, and I was like "Coool! Wish I could get one of those but they're probably like $8,000. "
    Then time passed and everyone had a flatscreen HDTV.
    That's honestly my history with the press lead up to HDTV.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

Quote Originally Posted by Clerk View Post
    I'm excited for that Starcraft Ghost game thingy.
    http://filthysushi.tumblr.com/

"I donít get sick. I donít observe major holidays. Iím a jackhammer.Ē

Experience what its like to be the other gender with the Oculus Rift

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/swa...ft-get-empathy

NSFW art shit

Kaine's comics

The VR Thread

Oculus Rift will come out when Kotaku runs out of "I used Oculus on this game" articles. Microsoft is supposedly working on their own headset, which would probably make Kinect not be a total useless pile of shit. And now Sony just unveiled their VR for PS4, called Project Morpheus. Not sure If I'm in 1999 again, but okay.

The prototype looks hilarious, they just taped PS Moves to some goggles.

I cant wait to play all those 10/10 Sony FPS games with it.... like....

This is very cool.

Guy uses 3 Kincects, and an Oculus Rift, and he's able to have himself in a 3D virtual environment.

I mean shit, he's just using shit he has at hand and look at what can be accomplished.

Imagine in a few years time, being able to have YOURSELF in a game, with the Rift.

The Matrix, coming soon to reality.
    Kaine's comics

+ Reply to Thread