+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: The VR Thread

I got Oculus Touch about a month ago, and it seriously improves the VR experience. Sure, there are gimmicks, but the good stuff is really fucking good. Clerk came in town and he tried it out (he has PS VR) and said that while the texture quality wasn't much better, the field of view and room scale was significantly better on Oculus vs PS VR.
    http://filthysushi.tumblr.com/

"I donít get sick. I donít observe major holidays. Iím a jackhammer.Ē

I got a $5 Best Buy brand of google cardboard for a iPhone. Am I doing VR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

You feel it too, don't you? Clurk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ben View Post
    I got Oculus Touch about a month ago, and it seriously improves the VR experience. Sure, there are gimmicks, but the good stuff is really fucking good. Clerk came in town and he tried it out (he has PS VR) and said that while the texture quality wasn't much better, the field of view and room scale was significantly better on Oculus vs PS VR.
    Yeah I think the best comparison I could make is that PSVR with the Move Controllers are like using the first generation Wii motes, where you're gonna sit in one place and waggle around a bit. Oculus with the Touch controllers is like using the Wii Motion Plus, where you can move in all sorts of directions with better tracking.

For my house, PSVR is perfect because we dont have a ton of room for a setup, so standing in one place to VR makes sense to us. But for bens setup with a ton of room to jump everywhere, Touch was rad as fuck.

Yeah, touch is fantastic. I've been getting longer feelings of "presence " with them now. I'm forgetting about the headset more and more. It's the first time in video games where when I think about past experiences, my brain recalls it like I was actually there rather than playing a video game.

Haven't had too much time with it because of work, but I've been having fun with all the free stuff that came with touch. I want to get Serious Sam: the first encounter vr, but it's early access and I keep hearing its kind of buggy and some of the scaling is off, and 35$ is pretty steep for such an old game, even if it's been reworked for vr.

Audioshield is god tier. That is all.
    http://filthysushi.tumblr.com/

"I donít get sick. I donít observe major holidays. Iím a jackhammer.Ē

Playing around in Oculus medium I've made this so far. I should go back now that they added in app reference.

It's cool to scale it up to have it towering over me or to sit in the mouth.

+ Reply to Thread