+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 132 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ROAD TO MADNESS (NCAA Men's Basketball Thread)

ROAD TO MADNESS (NCAA Men's Basketball Thread)

So, Iowa basketball is not that great. We suffered through the Lickliter years and let our program dwell in the Big Ten's cellar. However, we have a new coach now, and he's got my support. We've got a young, patchwork team, but I know we at least won't finish last in the Big Tweleven (thanks Penn State!).

Anyways, discuss the College Hoops in here. Personally, I cheer for the Hawkeyes and whoever is playing Duke

MSU has struggled immensely. They should make a decent run, but OSU and Illinois are super good so far.

The team looks like they have the mentality of "Hey, we've made 2 straight FF's, we know what to do. " The freshmen are not jelling with the rest of the team. The turnovers are fucking MADDENING. If they cut those in half they're 8-1 and beat UConn/Duke. Those games were awful to watch. As was 'Cuse
    HUNKA HUNKA!

Yeah, MSU needs to get their shit together. I watched the end of the Duke game and most of the Syracuse game. Rough stuff.

The talent is there. The coaching is there.

The chemistry, is NOT. Once that clicks then they should be a monster.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

Welp, Iowa lost to Iowa State in basketball, 75-72. Quite possibly the worst officiated game I've ever seen, but missing free throws and committing costly turnovers kept us from winning.

Iowa beats Drake, which means we split bragging rights with Iowa State (who lost to our vanquished foe, UNI). This team is definitely more exciting to watch than previous years' squads, but their inexperience is frustrating. Basabe could be a monster by the time he's done at Iowa, but he's still learning the D-1 ropes.

5 point loss to the #2 team in the nation by Iowa tonight. Leading at the half gave me hope, but we were on the wrong end of too many calls in the second half. Some of them were absolutely horrible. Hell of a fight for us to only lose by 5 after having a school-record worst season ever last year. I'm hopeful for the future

HEY FRAN

Iowa 72
    MSU 52

So that's football, wrestling AND men's basketball that we have made MSU our bitch.

Sup.

Hahaha, hang your head high! You just beat MSU's worst team in a decade! So awesome. If MSU were 20-0 and ranked #1 before the loss, yeah be proud.

It helps you out when Lucious and Allen are shitheads and get kicked off, and Durrell Summers has the NBA eyes already.

Be so proud! I said the same thing to UM fans. This team is not very good, no one should be proud of beating them.

Oh, like anyone really cares about wrestling. I'm soo bummed out about that
    Last edited by Franny Powers; 02-03-2011 at 02:56 PM.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

Anyways, Izzo has done an awful job this season. Rumored to be benching Summers for the next game, an ass-raping handed by Wisconsin on Sunday.

The Cleveland situation really seems to have hurt his relationship with Summers. He seems to have tuned Izzo out completely. What a fucking moron.

This team should be ranked top-5 all year, but when two of your best players are fucking your team over then things get complicated fast. And Izzo really needs to fire his assistants and hire some guys that COACH and teach BIGS how to play.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

+ Reply to Thread