+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: World Cup 2014, Americans decide soccer matters for a few weeks

Yeah some cities are really embracing it. KC, Seattle is nuts, Portland.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

Sporting wins!

phenomenal

Grandpa in goal held up pretty well in the PKs

I thought for sure after Zusi choked they were done.

Michael Bradley is a boss.

The US doesn't have a shot in their WC group unless Demsey and Donovan find their form again though. If all 3 of them could click at once, good things would happen.

DON'T TREAD

I got tix for the Real Madrid vs Manchester United at Michigan Stadium Saturday, August 2nd in Ann Arbor...(Big House)

yeaaaa buddy

only tix available were in the Manchester fanzone section but whatever, i'll sell my scarf online.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

I'm hopefully going to the US men's game vs Nigeria in Jacksonville just before the Cup. People are dragging their feet about whether they want to go or not so I keep having to put off buying tickets.

Special docu-series on the US road to the World Cup starts tonight on ESPN, from the makers of 30 for 30

If you're not a terrorist, you'll be watching

Boy I can't wait to cheer on England while they lose in penalties AGAIN probably. Haha
    It's all in the 'stache

U.S. roster

GOALKEEPERS (3): Brad Guzan (Aston Villa/England), Tim Howard (Everton/England), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (8): DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla/Mexico), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin/Germany), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City/England), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg/Germany), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim/Germany), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders)

MIDFIELDERS (8): Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes/France), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg/Norway), Julian Green (Bayern Munich/Germany), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas/Turkey), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (4): Jozy Altidore (Sunderland/England), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar/Netherlands), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)
    No idea how Donovan is gettting left out when guys like Green and Wondolowski are in. He and Jurgen really don't get along I guess.

Seems like even as a sub, Landon would have a lot of value.

+ Reply to Thread