+ Reply to Thread
Page 175 of 177 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177 LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 1763

Thread: The Beatles

p-mac lettin it go a lil more gray up top

Didn't he just get his music back from MJ finally? I never really understood how all that worked. As far as what MJ had or what it meant for The Beatles.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

From what I understand, Michael bought the publishing rights to the songs and then sold half the rights to Sony during the Whacko Jacko '90s when he was at his financial nadir, spending millions going art shopping and buying amusement park rides and shit. Then Sony bought the remaining half when he kicked it.

Now, there was a dispute between Paul and Sony over whether the rights would revert back to Paul in 2018 or 2019 or something--it may have to do with whether the songs fall under British or US copyright law? Don't quote me--but they apparently settled this week.
    Last edited by Jake; 07-03-2017 at 09:32 PM.

So I guess the issue was just royalties? Cause there has never been music that couldn't be released or rereleased or whatever, that I can remember

well Beatle releases are all contingent upon yeas from Yoko, Paul, Ringo (as if), and now I guess Dhani Harrison

but your question is weird because why would any Beatles music be held back by Sony? everything would sell as much as 99% of any modern artist's major releases

I was just thinking in the way that Marvel blocks certain stuff cause they don't have certain rights, out of spite

it's p-mac day. got my weed ready so i can get right for the show tonite. des moines. one thing i think while high, is that JUNIOR'S FARM and HI HI HI are the 2 best songs in the fucking world.

Cause you're like "hey, I AM high "

so cynical.

+ Reply to Thread