+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: True Detective

spoilers for episode 5

Spoiler:
    Nice to see the "reveal" we all knew was coming. Rust Cole is their #1 suspect in 2014. It was pretty obvious that was the reason for the interviews from the jump, and I'm glad they put it out on the table with 3 episodes to go.

you don't get to bring friends Jolly Johnny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EML View Post
    spoilers for episode 5

Spoiler:
    Nice to see the "reveal" we all knew was coming. Rust Cole is their #1 suspect in 2014. It was pretty obvious that was the reason for the interviews from the jump, and I'm glad they put it out on the table with 3 episodes to go.
    Yeah the pacing in this show is top notch. As is everything else, really.

This show is already making me want to rewatch episodes. I want to know what the significance of the dolls and the beer people is. I feel like I missed something there.
    My brother and I always tried to make swords out of aluminum window sections. Then duel, my brother always calling for the power of Greyskull.

you don't get to bring friends Jolly Johnny's Avatar
    I hate the people that critique this show because it has a lack of feminine viewpoints and because Cohle is never challenged.

It's a fucking show about 90s detectives in the South, of course it has a skewed male perspective. Cohle clearly has problems and the show even has you question whether or not
    Spoiler:
    he's the killer. Which he's probably not, but still.

Also it's funny that Wilhelm says he'd rather watch a woman folding laundry because this show seems like something he would love.
    My brother and I always tried to make swords out of aluminum window sections. Then duel, my brother always calling for the power of Greyskull.

TD writer guy said he started writing cuz of Grant Morrison & Alan Moore comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Johnny View Post
    Oh man the freaking tracking shot at the end of that last episode.

RIP rust cohle '95 haircut. we hardly knew ye

Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    TD writer guy said he started writing cuz of Grant Morrison & Alan Moore comics.
    i just dled his novel Galveston for my kindle. ive heard good things

Can't Wait to be King Charles Brodin's Avatar
    I was just listening to Glenn Campbell's Galveston!

Galveston buddies!

Also it's funny that Wilhelm says he'd rather watch a woman folding laundry because this show seems like something he would love.
    Yeah, it's pretty similar to Se7en, to me
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

I hate the people that critique this show because it has a lack of feminine viewpoints and because Cohle is never challenged.
    I don't understand this either. Clearly the whole point of the show is the relationship between Marty and Rust. Two...dudes. Everyone else is a side character, male or female. I think the way the two men interact with Maggie, the way she sees them, is pretty interesting.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

+ Reply to Thread