+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 365

Thread: True Detective

  1. #21
    The North Remembers EML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    18,992
    spoilers for episode 5

    Spoiler:
    Nice to see the "reveal" we all knew was coming. Rust Cole is their #1 suspect in 2014. It was pretty obvious that was the reason for the interviews from the jump, and I'm glad they put it out on the table with 3 episodes to go.

  2. #22
    you don't get to bring friends Jolly Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,510
    Quote Originally Posted by EML View Post
    spoilers for episode 5

    Spoiler:
    Nice to see the "reveal" we all knew was coming. Rust Cole is their #1 suspect in 2014. It was pretty obvious that was the reason for the interviews from the jump, and I'm glad they put it out on the table with 3 episodes to go.
    Yeah the pacing in this show is top notch. As is everything else, really.

    This show is already making me want to rewatch episodes. I want to know what the significance of the dolls and the beer people is. I feel like I missed something there.
    My brother and I always tried to make swords out of aluminum window sections. Then duel, my brother always calling for the power of Greyskull.

  3. #23
    you don't get to bring friends Jolly Johnny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    6,510
    I hate the people that critique this show because it has a lack of feminine viewpoints and because Cohle is never challenged.

    It's a fucking show about 90s detectives in the South, of course it has a skewed male perspective. Cohle clearly has problems and the show even has you question whether or not
    Spoiler:
    he's the killer. Which he's probably not, but still.


    Also it's funny that Wilhelm says he'd rather watch a woman folding laundry because this show seems like something he would love.
    My brother and I always tried to make swords out of aluminum window sections. Then duel, my brother always calling for the power of Greyskull.

  4. #24
    BETTER THAN YOU Jake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    27,041
    TD writer guy said he started writing cuz of Grant Morrison & Alan Moore comics.

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,201
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Johnny View Post
    Oh man the freaking tracking shot at the end of that last episode.

  6. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    4,201
    RIP rust cohle '95 haircut. we hardly knew ye

  7. #27
    The North Remembers EML's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    18,992
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    TD writer guy said he started writing cuz of Grant Morrison & Alan Moore comics.
    i just dled his novel Galveston for my kindle. ive heard good things

  8. #28
    Can't Wait to be King Charles Brodin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Mighty Mississippi
    Posts
    6,475
    I was just listening to Glenn Campbell's Galveston!


    Galveston buddies!

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Johnny View Post
    Also it's funny that Wilhelm says he'd rather watch a woman folding laundry because this show seems like something he would love.
    Yeah, it's pretty similar to Se7en, to me
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Johnny View Post
    I hate the people that critique this show because it has a lack of feminine viewpoints and because Cohle is never challenged.
    I don't understand this either. Clearly the whole point of the show is the relationship between Marty and Rust. Two...dudes. Everyone else is a side character, male or female. I think the way the two men interact with Maggie, the way she sees them, is pretty interesting.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts