+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 73 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Thread: NOTHING of SUBSTANCE by WILHELM

Haha, I know, I have no idea what happened there. It can get confusing the way I was doing it, with 1 layer of naked body and then a see-through layer of calligraphy marker and then making up normal ink lines to go over the marker part while still referencing the body on the 1st layer.

I was thinking, oh, re-write, the Pussy Glow Guy has, uhh...he's got, somethin', hidden, under the sheet...under his arm...like, uh, a piece of junk, ... yeah

Haha

But again, that's not a picture for the comic. I was just trying my first draped-in-sheet test run.
    When I do the real one, I'll be sure not to let anomalous prongs jut out.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    That has a great sense of weight and volume to it. The only place that really loses me is the bulge on the screen right shoulder.
    the shoulder erection? i agree

This isn't done and it doesn't look like this in RL but I'm excited again because all of the tutorials I've found for making digital look
    like old comics, require photoshop, which I'm not getting 'cause my head will explode. So before stopping for the night, I was
    messing around trying to see if I could make the hero stand out more by dimming everything else with color correction.
    But I went too far and now it totally reminds me of old, washed out board game boxes from the '60s or even some of the promo
    art for He-Man and the Masters of the Universe in the '80s. I turned up the luminosity and it definitely makes the black lines look
    less digital and more printed.

Also, hahahaha...originally there was just a path leading up to the skull's mouth, but I showed it to my friend and he said the skull
    should be vomiting down that trough created by the two sidewalks, and haha somehow while we talked, the vomit turned into shit.
    This is actually fitting since the mutants are based on the homeless, schizophrenic drug addicts of downtown Seattle and they love
    to shit in the alley and then curl up to pass out next to their own shit after shooting up.
    So now that hooded mutant is hahaha sitting there all peaceful and contented, warming his feet by the poo.
    Hahahaha, you will lose your mind if you set out to draw a bunch of poos like that. Hahahaha
    Like, trying hard to get the poo in perspective, and making the poos a little smaller as they stretch off to the horizon.
    Hahahaha

Last edited by Wilhelm; 10-28-2014 at 03:48 AM. Reason: poo-splaining
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,

lol i actually can't get over this

'he mutants are based on the homeless, schizophrenic drug addicts of downtown Seattle and they love
    to shit in the alley and then curl up to pass out next to their own shit after shooting up.'

wilhelm, never change. never.

and your art is unreal
    wow

Wilhelm is the real deal.
    Kaine's comics

'Donate' to the KaineDamo Bitcoin fund: 1EiTw2zBmjgNaKkqoMaEV1QrgcE4ZGsHKT

That skull thing and the inking technique on the furry guy, best things you've ever done.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

Now after months of fucking around I'm trying to carve his costume crap and body type and hair techniques and cartooniness
    levels and inking style in stone so I grabbed all my favorites to make final decisions.

You see why I have to nail all this down before doing the comic
    'cause that totally looks like a retrospective of all the different artists who drew him over the years, haha.

One thing I'm glad about, I was looking back over my reference stuff I've collected and I found a picture of these rubbers boots
    that had a tiny white line around the foot as seen in the far right one
    and that gives a lot of a impression-of-detail for super-little work without being busy, so that's cool.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,

totally diggin the Seattle monsters piece. it could be a pretty epic black-light print
    great job on the coloring

hahah 'the seattle monsters piece'
    wow

Why did yu call this thread nothing of substance?

+ Reply to Thread