+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 430 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: DKB Fantasy Football Keeper League, Thread Two

Can't Wait to be King Charles Brodin's Avatar

DKB Fantasy Football Keeper League, Thread Two

Hey everybody. My name is Brodie, and I love football. Welcome to Brodie Loves Football. I'm getting promoted to co-commish and I'll be managing the first post info, so we get a new thread for our Autumn Years. Let's all have a nice good time.

Rules
    Spoiler:
    The rules are as follows, all are subject to change:

ScoringRoster Positions: QB, FLEX(ALL), WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BNStat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)Passing Touchdowns (4)Interceptions (-1)Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)Rushing Touchdowns (6)Receptions (.5)Reception Yards (10 yards per point)Reception Touchdowns (6)Return Touchdowns (6)2-Point Conversions (2)Fumbles Lost (-2)Offensive Fumble Return TD (6)Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)Point After Attempt Made (1)Sack (1)Interception (2)Fumble Recovery (2)Touchdown (6)Safety (2)Block Kick (2)Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6)Points Allowed 0 points (10)Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)Points Allowed 14-20 points (1)Points Allowed 21-27 points (0)Points Allowed 28-34 points (-1)Points Allowed 35+ points (-4)Fractional Points: YesNegative Points: Yes

Keepers

First yearraft will be completely open with a random draft picked by Yahoo.18 players per team. Perform as well as you can. Players who finish 1-4 in the league (these are playoff teams) will pick 10-7 respectively the following year. Players who finish 5-10th will pick 1-6th respectively. This way there is incentive to keep playing because it will affect your draft pick. After the first year you are allowed to keep up to 6 players but none drafted in rounds 1-4. Any players drafted in those rounds are auto-free agents at the end of the season. In order to keep a player you must give up a draft pick two rounds ahead of where you drafted him previously. If you decide to keep an undrafted player you will give up your 12th round pick the following year. Example 1 : You draft Thomas Jones RB Arizona in round 9 in 2001. He becomes the starter and you decide he's one of your keepers. In 2002, you must give up your 7th round draft pick (he becomes effectively your 7th round pick) to keep him. In 2003, he becomes your 5th round choice and after that you can't keep him again because you've owned him for 3 years. Example 2 : You draft S. Morris, WR KCC in round 5 in 2001. You decide to keep him. In 2002, he becomes your 3rd round draft pick (you give up a 3rd rounder). In 2003, because his draft status was round 3 in the previous year, he is no longer eligible for keeper status and is returned to the draft pool. Keeper status stays with a player when he is traded (easy enough to keep track of based on previous drafts). You may not keep a player more than 2 times (so he may only be on your team for 3 consecutive years). If for any reason you have 2 players whose draft status would put them in the same round, you will have to give up the pick in front of whatever pick they occupy.For example, let's say you draft a player in the 5th round and trade for a player also drafted in the 5th. You decide to keep them both, which would give up your 3rd and 2nd round picks. At the beginning of each new year, the draft order is determined by the standings of last year (already covered). These drafts will probably be via AIM or Skype because keeper players will not be available to draft. The draft pool will consist of non-kept players and all rookies. During the draft, picks and players may be traded, and picks may now be traded during the regular season. Off season trading is allowed via posting in a thread/forum we will have made for this league.The rule as far as IR players is that players who close the year on IR can only be kept at their original draft value. Players who can be kept at 12th round value include undrafted players who are picked up, players drafted in the 12th round (or rounds after if you have more than one player for a round value), and players who are drafted, dropped, picked up and PLAY after they are picked up. If you pick up a player who is never able to play while on your roster, and he has an original draft value, that is his value.Due to constant bitching by the managers in this league, I will not process any trades faster than Yahoo! does them on their own. If you have a problem with this, start a petition and I'll go back to doing it the old way. Until I see such a petition - tough shit.Free Agent process has been changed so there are Waivers from Sunday – Tuesday. This gives everyone a better and fairer chance to pick-up players. We are now capable of trading future draft picks via yahoo. All rules are subject to debate and change based on player preferences.

First Year

Spoiler:
    First year draft resultsSee attachment.

First Year Final Standings1st Place Green Monster Queue2nd Place Brodie Bears3rd Place Ron Mexico's Dawgs4th Place McCoy5th Place Slip6th Place Daisy's Dukes7th Place Draven's FlockLast Place The Watchmencongrats to Jess winning the first year

Second Year

Spoiler:
    Second Year Draft ResultsSee attachment.

Second Year Final StandingsCongrats to Jess for winning again. After trading her first 3 draft picks for a shot at Tom Brady, Jess managed to ride Tyler fucking Thigpen's coat tails to a second straight victory. 1. Limas the Patriot2. Ron Mexico's Dawgs3. Daisy's Dukes4. Draven's Flock5. Slip6. McCoy7. Brodie Bears8. Blotto'd Badgers9. Gotham Knights10. Mindless Minions

Third Year

Spoiler:
    Third year draft resultsSee attachment.Third Year Final StandingsCongrats to yours truly for taking the crown and being the first to hold the new Quoizel trophy. 1. Over Dwayne Bowe (Chesh)2. McCoy's Rapeskins (Tuki)3. Brodie Bears (Brodie)4. 4th And Drunk (Dan)5. The Fighting Meefords (Mee)6. Slip7. Gotham Knights (Kalel)8. Draven's Flock (jackcool)9. Les Groping10. Limas of Cleveland (Jess)

Fourth Year

Spoiler:
    Fourth Year Final StandingsCongrats to Brodie for snatching the Quoizel trophy from the trophy room of your loveable commissioner. A true honor. 1. Brodie Bears (Brodie)2. The Cheshire Kitties (Chesh)3. Daisy’s Dukes (Daisy)4. Draven’s Flock (jackcool)5. Fourth and Drunk (Dan)6. The Coonskins! (Movies)7. Tedy Bruschi’s Scorn (Jess)8. Washington Foreskins (JayTee)9. Gotham Knights (Kalel)10. McCoy (Tuki)11. Lester Gropeman (Lester Gropeman)12. Mindless Minions (Mee)

Fifth Year

Spoiler:
    Congratulations to Kalel for claiming the great Quoizel!Fifth Year Final Standings1. Gotham Knights (Kalel)2. Draven's Flock (jackcool)3. 4th and Drunk (Dan)4. Meeford Rises (Mee)5. Cheshire Kitties (Chesh)6. Jess (Jess)7. The Coonskins! (Movies)8. McCoy (Tuki)9. Brodie Bears (Brodie)10. Washington Foreskins (JayTebow)11. Lester Gropeman (Lester)12. Daisy's Dukes (Daisy)

Sixth Year

Spoiler:
    Sixth Year Final Standings1. Brodie2. Movies 3. Alex 4. Draven5. Jaytee6. Dan7. Cheshire 8. Daisy9. Meef10. EML11. Les12. Kalel

Seventh Year

Spoiler:
    Seventh Year Final Standings
    1. Draven
    2. Chesh
    3. Jaytee
    4. Alex
    5. EML
    6. Ben
    7. Movies
    8. Mee
    9. Clerk
    10. Brodie
    11. Dan
    12. Les

Eighth Year

Spoiler:
    Eighth Year Final Standings

1. Movies
    2. Dan
    3. Jaytee
    4. Draven
    5. Brodie
    6. Mee
    7. Alex
    8. Fran
    9. EML
    10. Chesh
    11. Ben
    12. Les

Ninth Year

Ninth Year Draft Order
    1. Brodie
    2. Mee
    3. Alex
    4. Daisy
    5. EML
    6. Chesh
    7. Ben
    8. Clerk
    9. Draven
    10. Jaytee
    11. Dan
    12. Movies

Eighth Year Keepers

Name (Year 8 Round Value if kept, Years left counting this year if kept)

Keepers are

Brodie
    Spoiler:

Denard Robinson (12, 2)
    Keenan Allen (10, 1)
    Joique Bell (13, 1)
    Romo (3, 1)
    Mike Wallace (3, 1)
    Jerick Mckinnon (12, 2)
    Jonas Gray (12, 2)
    Indy (12, 2)
    Cairo Santos (12, 2)
    Knile Davis (12, 2)

Draft picks not available to use as keeper picks:

Chesh
    Spoiler:

Giovani Bernard (3, 1)
    DeAndre Hopkins (11, 1)
    Emmanuel Sanders (4, 1)
    Jeremy Hill (5, 2)
    Kelvin Benjamin (6, 2)
    Niles Paul (12, 2)
    Christine Michael (9, 2)
    Terrence West (12, 2)
    Zach Mettenberger (12, 2)
    Ahmad Bradshaw (13, 2)
    Devonta Freeman (12, 2)
    Philly (12, 2)
    Phil Dawson (12, 2)
    Charles Clay (12, 2)
    Charles Sims (12, 2)
    Andrew Hawkins (12, 2)
    Colt Mccoy (12, 2)

Daisy
    Spoiler:

Antonio Gates (3, 1)
    Houston (10, 1)
    Green Bay (12, 2)
    Austin Davis (12, 2)
    Cecil Shorts (6, 2)
    Dwayne Bowe (9, 2)
    Adam Vinatieri (12, 2)
    John Brown (12, 2)
    Shane Vereen (10, 2)
    Malcom Floyd (12, 2)
    Veron Davis (12, 2)
    Chris Ivory (9, 2)
    Jonathan Stewart (12, 2)

JayTee
    Spoiler:

Michael Floyd (10, 1)
    Phillip Rivers (3, 1)
    Steven Jackson (5, 2)
    Zach Ertz (6, 2)
    Anquan Boldin (7, 2)
    LeGarrett Blount (14, 2)
    Matt Prater (12, 2)
    Eddie Royal (12, 2)
    Justin Forsett (12, 2)
    Brandon Bolden (12, 2)
    Hakeen Nicks (12, 2)
    Detroit (12, 2)
    RG3 (12, 2)

Mee
    Spoiler:

Fred Jackson (9, 1)
    Eric Decker (3, 1)
    Eli Manning (4, 2)
    Allen Hurns (12, 2)
    Martellus Bennett (6, 2)
    Kansas City (7, 2)
    Branden Oliver (12, 2)
    Matt Asiata (12, 2)
    Dan Bailey (13, 2)
    Miami (12, 2)
    Martavis Bryant (12, 2)
    Travis Kelce (12, 2)
    Boobie Dixon (12, 2)

Movies
    Spoiler:

Justin Tucker (12, 2)
    Arizona (12, 2)
    Shane Vereen (10, 1)
    Tim Wright (12, 2)
    Tom Brady (3, 1)
    Andy Dalton (4, 1)
    Teddy Bridgewater (12, 2)
    Dwayne allen (12, 2)
    CJ Anderson (12, 2)
    Mark Sanchez (12, 2)
    Ruben Randle (12, 2)

Ben
    Spoiler:

Terrance Williams (10, 1)
    Drew Stanton (12, 2)
    Marques Colston (3, 1)
    Golden Tate (4, 1)
    Jason Witten (5, 2)
    Josh Gordon (8, 1)
    Jordan Matthews (12, 2)
    Kenny Stills (12, 2)
    Jared Cook (12, 2)
    Khiry RObinson (14, 2)
    Blake Bortles (12, 2)
    San Francisco (12, 2)
    Isaiah Crowell (12, 2)
    Mason Crosby (12, 2)
    Cordarrelle Patterson (10, 1)
    Mike Evans (12, 2)

Draven
    Spoiler:
    Rashad Jennings (10, 1)
    Julius Thomas (10, 1)
    Brandon Lafell (12, 2)
    Ben Roethlisberger (3, 1)
    Brandin Cooks (4, 1)
    Derek Carr (12, 2)
    New England (12, 2)
    Alfred Blue (12, 2)
    Cody Parkey (12, 2)
    Delanie Walker (13, 2)
    Steve Smith (14, 2)
    Latavius Murray (12, 2)
    Mike Glennon (16, 2)

Clerk
    Spoiler:

Montee Ball (10, 1)
    Michael Crabtree (10, 1)
    Tavon Austin (10, 1)
    Pierre Thomas (12, 2)
    Owen Daniels (12, 2)
    Alex Smith (4, 1)
    Ronnie Hillman (12, 2)
    Coby Fleener (12, 2)
    Kenny Britt (13, 2)
    Jerricho Cotchery (14, 2)
    Darren Mcfadden (12, 2)
    Chicago (16, 2)
    Blair Walsh (12, 2)

EML
    Spoiler:

Alshon Jeffery (10, 1)
    Carlos Hyde (4, 1)
    Riley Cooper (12, 2)
    Sammy Watkins (6, 2)
    Darren Sproles (7, 2)
    Justin Hunter (8, 2)
    Andre Williams (12, 2)
    Josh McCown (12, 2)
    Jordan Reed (5, 2)
    Doug Baldwin (12, 2)
    Shayne Graham (12, 2)
    Larry Donnell (12, 2)
    Daniel Herron (12, 2)
    NYG (12, 2)
    Lamar Miller (4, 1)

Dan
    Spoiler:

Julian Edelman (10, 1)
    Seattle (3, 1)
    Stephen Gotkowski (4, 1)
    Trent Richardson (4, 1)
    Joe Flacco (7, 2)
    Buffalo (12, 2)
    Charles Johnson (12, 2)
    Kyle Orton (12, 2)
    Roy Helu (12, 2)
    Brian Hoyer (12, 2)
    Ben Tate (8, 1)
    Juwan Thompson (12, 2)

Alex
    Spoiler:

Jordan Cameron (9, 1)
    Andre Ellington (10, 1)
    Jay Cutler (3, 1)
    Reggie Wayne (4, 1)
    Donte Moncrief (12, 2)
    Heath Miller (6, 2)
    Mark Ingram (11, 2)
    Bishop Sankey (12, 2)
    Andre Holmes (12, 2)
    Jarvis Landry (12, 2)
    Tre Mason (12, 2)
    Matt Bryant (12, 2)
    STL (12, 2)
    Odell Beckham (12, 2)
    Kyle Rudolph (12, 2)

Last edited by Charles Brodin; 08-22-2015 at 09:24 PM.

Your keepers are old, Brodie!

Also I hope this isn't signaling Cheesh's disinterest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm
    You're fucking DANGEROUS.

I'ma get those keepers looking so pretty, oh man, you won't even know.

Also do you have a record of what my draft picks are?

(I want and need so much.)

As in, which picks you traded away, and which picks you traded for? Yes, I've kept super great records of all that stuff. I can let you go view only on my google doc with that stuff, if you want to remain forever abreast. All are welcome to go view only on the google doc. You can even look around at my super fun historical rankings.

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Garros View Post
    As in, which picks you traded away, and which picks you traded for? Yes, I've kept super great records of all that stuff. I can let you go view only on my google doc with that stuff, if you want to remain forever abreast. All are welcome to go view only on the google doc. You can even look around at my super fun historical rankings.
    Please do. Let me marvel, gaze, and be awed by your stupendous work. These plebs don't deserve it!

EricHEmma@gmail.com

Keepers are updated. Would that anyone forget how they work, I'll run ya through it.

Additionally, all of my keepers and draft picks are up for grabs, in exchange for 2014 draft picks. Demarco Murray must go!

Hey Brodie, I'm looking at your figures (which are awesome btw :inlove) how do you figure out your "actual rankings" for the season. I see in 2011 and 2010 you have me ranked at 3 for both. (Very unlucky years)

Each week's teams are ranked according to their points scored. Team with the most points gets 11 Brodie Points , Team with the second most gets ten, all the way down to the worst team getting zero. All your weeks are added up, which is column totes. The S column is the percentage of Brodie Points you have in comparison to a hypothetical team which has finished first each week.

These rankings strip out the unfairness of random opponent distribution on a week to week basis. The last few columns on that sheet address unfairness of scheduling on a seasonal level. Each team plays 8 other teams once, and three teams twice. Obviously, not everyone gets the same draw on those three extra games. Column T uses the Totes Column to create a very lay Strength of Schedule determination, with a higher number indicating a tougher schedule. The last column then adjusts your Brodie Point percentage based on your schedule difficulty.

I'm poised for a good year! 21 draft round improvements this year! Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald! IT'S ALL WIN! ALL WIN!

+ Reply to Thread