+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: ESPN Radio: My Gift, My Curse

ESPN Radio: My Gift, My Curse

A couple months ago I discovered that one of the local radio stations was going to become ESPN Radio. So, you mean, I can keep track of sports in my car?! We have never had anything like this. You can get the Jaguars and Falcons games on Sundays, maybe a night game on AM if the planets are aligned right, but no round the clock sure to be there sports coverage. I thought this would fill the hole in my heart I never really knew I had.

At first I loved it. A Cowboys game on the radio at one in the afternoon?! Recaps of scores on the way to school Monday morning?!?! But as I listened more and more, the more I began to hate it.

Colin Cowherd may be the most annoying person I've ever heard. The way he talks, the sound of his voice, uuugh. And all of the shows that just have one guy, are pretty annoying. I don't want to listen to one guy ramble on about sports for half an hour. Mike and Mike and the Scott Van Pelt (cause he has that Ryan guy) show are acceptable. But really, do they have to tell you every 2 minutes that you're listening to ESPN Radio? Seriously.

So anyway, I'll keep listening I guess.

just not to Colin Cowherd
    Last edited by Mee; 12-03-2010 at 02:19 PM.

Colin Cowherd is an asshat. I met him when SportsNation came to Iowa City (being a founding member of Hawks Nest has its perks!), and he just oozed douchiness.

Yeah I flipped his show on on TV to see what he looked like and...yeah.

The girl is hot though. Michelle Beadle?

Yup, Google says Michelle Beadle.

I've never heard a girl on his show

I'm talking about SportsNation, the show he co-hosts on ESPN.

I use to listen to Opie and Anthony in the morning but after they left free radio, there wasn't anyone on Morning Drive that I wanted to listen to. I have literally 5 stations that to Top 40 shit and all try to do this Morning Zoo garbage. After, listening to my iPod for like a year, I started listening to ESPN radio. But like my sports watching habits. Between the Superbowl and the start of Baseball, I kinda stop listening for a few months.

And yeah Mee, they have to hit their spots and let you know what you are listening to and who is advertising for the show.

Says who?

I bounce around in the morning. Around here we have Mike and Mike, John Boy and Billy, Kidd Kratic(sp?), Lex and Terry, and Elvis Durand. (never listened to that one) I can't see listening to ESPN at all when it's not football season, I hadn't thought about that. They don't cover soccer, and I don't care about baseball/hockey/basketball.

Can't Wait to be King Charles Brodin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    John Boy and Billy
    Oh, Georgia, you say?

+ Reply to Thread