• Colbert

3 13.64%
  • Chelsea Lately

0 0%
  • Real Time w/ Bill

1 4.55%
  • Last Call w/ Carson (haha, right)

0 0%
  • Love You, Mean It (at least hotter than Chelsea)

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Late Night Talk Show

Best Late Night Talk Show

DKB elects the current greatest in the monologuing and interviewing arts.

For me, Conan is always number one. He's had some great stuff lately, like Ryan Gosling's last appearance, and the bath picture with Ricky Gervais. I used to have Letterman as #2 but I think Kimmel is moving into that spot. The Matt Damon takeover episode was awesome.

I'm including the Daily Show and Colbert, but to me they're kind of a seperate thing. I guess you could make that case for the E! shows and maybe Real Time, I also left out FX's shows...covered by "other."
    Last edited by Mee; 01-25-2013 at 01:41 PM.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

I was just going to say that Conan has always been my favorite with Kimmel getting up there and plus his hatred of Leno.

Still sad that Conan didn't get to keep Tonight
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

Conan's humor doesn't work for the 50-60 year old middle America that apparently love Leno.

you don't get to bring friends tiny white penis's Avatar
    If we're going by networks, Ferguson

If we're going by strictly talk shows, Conan.

If we're taking everything into account, Colbert.
    My brother and I always tried to make swords out of aluminum window sections. Then duel, my brother always calling for the power of Greyskull.

JayTee
    Obviously Carson Daly is the sex

Your brain doesn't want to say Kimmel, until you remember how unwatchable the others are.
    I think it's because he's a dude instead of a neurotic weirdo who's all pent up and trying his brains out.

Conan is dead to me after his fiascoes.
    Letterman was God, in 1983.
    I agree with so much of what Stewart, Colbert and Maher stand for, and they have done hilarious stuff, but the actual shows are unwatchable.
    Like Colbert+staff are genius-ish...but then he gets an awesome guest on and you have to endure Colberts LARPing as the amiable guest does their best to play along while actually talking about real topics.
    Horrible. If he just did his monologue at his desk, maybe he'd be the best.

Kimmel is the only one where I've checked it out and I don't cringe at all. I'm just laughing or amused.
    I suppose the others are more famous because they try so hard, and trying hard makes me anxious and I turn it off.

I'm not even qualified to vote. I haven't watched TV in years. I just see clips on Internet.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

you don't get to bring friends tiny white penis's Avatar
    Kimmel's good and I agree that Conan has grated on me. But Ferguson's interviews are always the best.
    My brother and I always tried to make swords out of aluminum window sections. Then duel, my brother always calling for the power of Greyskull.

Never Nude A really nice butterscotch pudding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jolly Johnny View Post
    If we're going by networks, Ferguson

If we're going by strictly talk shows, Conan.

If we're taking everything into account, Colbert.
    Yeah, basically.

Anyone that isn't Ferguson is unwatchable on a network these days. I love how every couple of months Letterman has this guest where he just does not give a shit and rips them apart while laughing, but most of the time, his jokes just don't do anything for me. Fallon does an okay job, better than I thought he would, but I'm rather indifferent to his show.

I used to religiously watch Conan, but now... eh......

Jon Stewart, I don't get how anyone thinks he's funny anymore. He's just annoying and self-righteous while redoing the same jokes over and over again. The show went to shit around the time Obama won. Then the correspondents were atrocious. Wyatt Cenac wasn't believable reading stuff that he wrote. Olivia Munn? Are you serious. Who did she blow to get there?

Colbert still kills it though. Proper satire, he sticks to the character. It's not really him so regardless of what political party he affiliates with, he can play either side.

Where do I vote for 'Daisy whispering sweet nothings into my ear'?

+ Reply to Thread