+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 166 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Xbox One/PS4 (They call it One because it took one year to take out the churros)

You feel it too, don't you? Clurk's Avatar

Xbox One/PS4 (They call it One because it took one year to take out the churros)

Lets get this shit started.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/11/16/ru...-issue-of-xbo/

Xbox World will stop revolving come December, but it plans on going out with a bang. Specifically, the UK publication's second-to-last issue claims to have all the inside deets on Microsoft's next console.

The new console's name, for instance, will be simply "Xbox," with no numerical modifiers to speak of, according to the magazine. It'll supposedly ship with a quad-core processor and eight gigs of ram, run Blu-Ray discs and will eventually support some form of head-mounted augmented reality device, in addition to a next-generation Kinect.

"Xbox World has been at the cutting edge of Durango coverage for over 12 months," Xbox World EIC Dan Dawkins told CVG. "Unless something really dramatic changes, everything we reveal in our penultimate issue will be revealed long before E3 in June."

Even if the article is bullshit, what sides will you choose come next-gen time? Last go-around, mostly everyone went Xbox because who the fuck would pay $600 for a PS3?

Now, assuming the technology is as even as it was this generation, and the prices are about the same, what will you choose? Master Chief or Nathan Drake?

HARD MODE
    Spoiler:
    No PC gaming allowed

I had an 360, then it got stolen. then I bought a Ps3 because of the blu ray. I barely game at all, so I don't know if I'll upgrade at launch.

t'll supposedly ship with a quad-core processor and eight gigs of ram, run Blu-Ray discs and will eventually support some form of head-mounted augmented reality device, in addition to a next-generation Kinect.

But seriously, I'm actually kind of surprised by this. The specs are better than the Wii U, but not by much. I expected more out of a new Xbox than this. Yeah, the RAM is a ton more, but the majority of that is probably for Kinect/W8 OS/some sort of "always on" nonsense.

Don't give how much the next ps will be.. buying one, maybe 2.

I might as well just give sony my paycheck.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

JayTee
    Xbox first always.

I'll probably lean Xbox, if I do get one. Even then I'll wait a couple years or so until there's enough games I want to play and any hardware issues get taken care of.

xbox live is better than ps3 online but i can't believe people are going to continue to put up with the cost.

If people can't afford $5 a month, get a better job.

I never choose, I always get both. But lately I haven't been playing video games frequently enough to justify dropping $1000 on 2 new consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    If people can't afford $5 a month, get a better job.

it's not $5 a month, though. you pay that shit once. that's like saying, ope, new call of duty is out, how much is it? $60, but it'll be a year til the next one comes out, so that's only $5 a month.

hey the Wii U is $350, but you'll probably play it for 2 years, so it's actually under $15 a month.

+ Reply to Thread