+ Reply to Thread
Page 279 of 279 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279
Results 2,781 to 2,789 of 2789

Thread: Disney's Star Wars Saga

Please this....

emperor of DKB or something

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Wait, so you're telling me that Disney bought Star Wars to make a whole bunch of movies?
    Lol, right?

Yea, I'm not seeing the surprise here. When Disney bought Lucasfilms they blatantly said they wanted to make a Star Wars movie every year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

Its oversaturation and like i said, im not sure i care about a youn solo movie. Take out the hardcore sw’s fans (like me and my interst is waning) most movie goers probably wont care about new characters outside luke han leia chewy or yoda. Theyll make money but i feel also watering down the brand.

just because they make these movies doesn guarantee theyll get back the money they expect.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

They get money back as well with the products they sell at Disney stores to tie in to the movies, the past couple of Star Wars movies have made shit loads of money and looks like they'll continue to. It's just crazy walking into a Disney store and seeing the shitloads of Marvel and Star wars merchandise in addition to their Disney stuff.

It's exactly like what Disney has done with Marvel.

The only thing I'm surprised with is that they're not making more Star Wars films each year.

I think Disney got their money back just in merchandise even before TFA.
    emperor of DKB or something

They get money back as well with the products they sell at Disney stores to tie in to the movies, the past couple of Star Wars movies have made shit loads of money and looks like they'll continue to. It's just crazy walking into a Disney store and seeing the shitloads of Marvel and Star wars merchandise in addition to their Disney stuff.

It's exactly like what Disney has done with Marvel.

The only thing I'm surprised with is that they're not making more Star Wars films each year.

Haha more sw movies? Isnt there a boba fett movie in the works? Might as well milk the cow completely and give us young yoda, young palapatine. Young jabba. The start of the ewoks.

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    I think Disney got their money back just in merchandise even before TFA.
    They did. They got back there $4 billion in early 2015 I believe in merchandising alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

Quote Originally Posted by equint77 View Post
    Haha more sw movies? Isnt there a boba fett movie in the works? Might as well milk the cow completely and give us young yoda, young palapatine. Young jabba. The start of the ewoks.
    I can't see why they won't have a far spanning Cinematic Universe like the MCU. There's a wide range of stories to tell with a wide range of characters.

And it may not have familiar characters that Star Wars fans are used to. But then again, who would've thought a movie about Guardians of the Galaxy would've been a success? Or Antman?

I can't see why they won't have a far spanning Cinematic Universe like the MCU. There's a wide range of stories to tell with a wide range of characters.

And it may not have familiar characters that Star Wars fans are used to. But then again, who would've thought a movie about Guardians of the Galaxy would've been a success? Or Antman?
    guardians was a complete crap shoot haha. Yes it is possible they can get themselves a hit with new characters and stories. It just seems like we’re going to just have year round marvel, dc, star wars and fast and furious overload.

peppered with transformers, pirates of the Caribbean, king kong vs godzilla and the random video game based movie (uncharted is the next tortuek session)

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

+ Reply to Thread