Ww looks extra waify in that photo.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

My worry is they keep pushing the tone

We keeping hearing them go "it's a big tonal shift! This movie is much more fun!"

The tone wasn't the issue with BvS or Suicide Squad. It was the writing, the directing, the editing in SS especially, some of the casting and character choices...tone is pretty low on the list of problems. Did WB forget that Green Lantern had a tone as light as the lightest Marvel movie, and it was terrible too. So a "fun" and "lighter tone" doesn't reassure me. Dark and serious movies can still be good.

When Affleck talks about his Batman movie and says screw the release date, I'm not doing this until the script is good, that's reassuring.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    When Affleck talks about his Batman movie and says screw the release date, I'm not doing this until the script is good, that's reassuring.
    This is sad because, since these movies make a billion dollars, that should buy them time to take time to make superior movies.
    One could so, "NOo they have to strike while the iron is hot before interest does down!1"
    But then again...no...because interest doesn't die down in Batman and comic book crap.
    How many other franchises have been going for 70 years?

But interest does die down in the pump-'em-out glut, and in bad movies.

So they could have a nice, steady stream of billions from making classics,
    but instead they need
    1 billion
    2 billion
    mo' billion
    Show, me the billion
    I need anotha billion.
    |\___/|
    | " " |
    ,===__/( \ / )\__===,
    / """ (") """ \
    / " \
    | \_____= =_____/ |
    ,==._/ /\ /^\ /\ \_.==,
    | _ __/" \ |] [| / "\__ _ |

Yeah what a novel concept, try to make sure the movie is...good? Before you start filming it? Madness

OH and Affleck said since he'll be directing, he's going to have to get a new batsuit that's more comfortable. So I'm hoping that means they ditch muscle suit texture man and do something more like the Spider-Man or Deadpool suit.

We can hope

At least affleck is taking this seriously. I hope for his sake wb lets him do what he needs to. Is snyder going to be attached to this in any capacity? Like some producer or something.

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

For The Batman?

They haven't said, I wouldn't be surprised if he has a producer credit. But obviously he's not directing, and he's not involved in the writing either.

We keeping hearing them go "it's a big tonal shift! This movie is much more fun!"

The tone wasn't the issue with BvS or Suicide Squad. It was the writing, the directing, the editing in SS especially, some of the casting and character choices...tone is pretty low on the list of problems. Did WB forget that Green Lantern had a tone as light as the lightest Marvel movie, and it was terrible too. So a "fun" and "lighter tone" doesn't reassure me. Dark and serious movies can still be good.

I feel like Wonder Woman will be the biggest indicator for me. If it turns out terrible I may just skip Justice League altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

Itll be interest to see how the dc nuts defend ww if it does turn out to be bad. Like what movie youre going to like but why settle for the quality of these movies knowing they can and should do much better. Its settling for mediocrity and defending them against people who didnt care for them as if there really is some biase.

Like Martin with no Gina
    Of my memory's museum

They have like 12 different movies slated to come out after JL. Some with directors. Some that scripts are being worked on. Some with actors attached.

Right now, there could only be 1 movie coming out in 2018. LOL
    emperor of DKB or something

+ Reply to Thread