+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 151 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast

Thread: DC's Justice League aka Marvel's Avengers

You really don't need Aquaman to act.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

Thats what dc thinks as well which is why they gave that meatheaded muppet his own movie.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

WB looking at getting George Miller involved as a hands-on producer with the Justice League.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

http://www.slashfilm.com/warner-bros-releases/

So even though there may not be adjustments on the DC Comics films front (in fact, the studio just added some more DC films to their release calendar), the studio may adjust their strategy when it comes to movies in general. THR’s report indicates several sources have said that WB will start to release fewer “homegrown” films than they have previously. Instead, they will focus on the “silos” that are essentially more guaranteed hits such as DC Comics movies, LEGO franchises and the forthcoming Harry Potter spin-off Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them.

What do they mean by “homegrown” movies? Well, basically we’re talking about risky films without established intellectual property. Bigger budget movies without a built-in audience will go a little more by the wayside for Warner Bros. so the studio isn’t taking as many risks as they did with the 21 movies they released in 2015, more than any other studio.

However, Warner Bros. will still continue to let their reliable “family” directors such as Ben Affleck, Christopher Nolan, Clint Eastwood and Todd Phillips make movies at the studio. Beyond that though, we’ll probably start to see less original, risky films from the studio.

What seems strange to me is that when you have bigger movies underperforming, doesn’t that make some of what they deem as reliable profit pictures just as potentially disappointing to their bottom line as Batman v Superman? Doubling down on blockbusters that aren’t performing as well as expected seems just as risky as any other big budget movie, right?

Officially, Warner Bros. isn’t admitting that this strategy change is in place as a statement from the studio says, “Warner Bros. has historically had the biggest, most diverse slate in the motion picture industry. We did last year, we will this year, and we will continue to do so into the foreseeable future.” As of now they have 18 movies lined up for this year and 19 for 2017, so they seem to be saying true to their word. But all of THR’s sources aren’t making this stuff up, so there must be something to this report.
    Not a fan of WB taking less risks. They fucked up by keeping Snyder on board, yes, but making it a Lego/DC/Harry Potter/Nolan and gang studio isn't the best idea. They should keep taking risks, but just be more decisive.
    HUNKA HUNKA!

In hindsight it was incredibly arrogant and stupid to schedule filming for Justice League 1 just three weeks after BvS came out. Like, they just assumed a movie with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman would be an automatic 90% RT 1.3 Billion dollar box office smash hit. Like you think they'd have maybe scheduled it for like I dunno 6 months later or something JUST in case they needed to make some adjustments for the DCEU? If they had another six months to set things up, Snyder is gone along with Goyer, surely. But now they have no time and are just rushing ahead with what is now a poorly set up universe with the wrong people in charge and there's nothing they can really do. Any changes they made now would make them look like the idiots they are, PR wise.

And yeah making less original stuff and relying on DC, Harry Potter and god forbid LOTR and hoping for Nolan to put the studio on his back is really worrying.
    It's all in the 'stache

Well to be fair, you shouldn't have to worry about a Batman and Superman movie NOT making $1 billion, so that's nothing I'm too salty over.

WB is stupid for taking this change of course to the point of NOT taking chances on newer directors. They took a chance in 2004 with Nolan's take being pitched, and it brought Batman back in a HUGE way.

MORE CAPS LOCK
    HUNKA HUNKA!

It's weird that they banked so much on Snyder. Marvel didn't even put that much faith in Whedon, he only did the two Avengers movies, and that was after a few directors already set up the world. Favreau did two Iron Man movies then walked. I guess they're trying really hard to NOT be the MCU.

Willem Dafoe Joins Justice League in a Mystery Role!

joker? my first thought was actually martian manhunter
    "Every old sock meets an old shoe"
    ain't that a great saying?
    "every old sock meets an old shoe."

So first they get JK Simmons as Gordon, now Willem Dafoe. When do they cast Tobey Maguire?

hellooo?

Quote Originally Posted by maxwell's demon View Post
    "Every old sock meets an old shoe"
    ain't that a great saying?
    "every old sock meets an old shoe."

+ Reply to Thread