+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 151 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: DC's Justice League aka Marvel's Avengers

Hybrid View

DC's Justice League aka Marvel's Avengers

Warner Bros. Makes Justice League Plans
    Source: Variety June 5, 2012

Warner Bros. is making some plans towards the long-awaited Justice League feature film as Variety reports that Gangster Squad screenwriter Will Beall has been brought aboard to provide the screenplay.

Details at this point are currently few, but the enormous success of Marvel's The Avengers no doubt helped pave the way for getting the Distinguished Competition's superhero ensemble a shot at the silver screen.

What remains to be seen is whether or not Warner's film will use any of their standalone superhero projects as jumping off points, building a cohesive cinematic universe the way that Marvel has. It's been hinted that Christopher Nolan's upcoming The Dark Knight Rises will feature a definitive ending for the current version of the big screen Batman character, though Christian Bale has recently suggested that he's not entirely against the notion of further adventures in the cape and cowl.

Next summer's Man of Steel, however, marks a more likely contender to launch an ongoing big screen universe and it's entirely possible that, despite a disappointing box office, last summer's take on Green Lantern couldn't be brought back.

The other possibility is that Warner Bros. might start from scratch, as was the plan several years ago when George Miller was attached to direct a motion-capture Justice League feature.
    What they actually need to do:

- Start a new Batman series after Nolan (two or three solo films)
    - Keep Cavill Superman and integrate it into the DC Universe (Two or three solo films)
    - Reboot Green Lantern
    - Wonder Woman Movie
    - Green Arrow Movie
    - Flash Movie
    - Aquaman Movie (This can happen or never happen like Ant-Man)
    - Go to World's Finest Movie before Justice League (This should be Batman and Superman's third or fourth appearances)

Then after all that, do Justice League. And in the Justice League movie introduce Martian Manhunter.

That is a lot of work and would take so long. I think one batman, one superman, and one green lantern, and one wonder woman is good enough. Maybe throw aquaman/flash/green arrowin the wonder woman movie as a secondary character. Those three I don't think can really carry a movie alone.

Never Nude A really nice butterscotch pudding's Avatar
    We've heard this talk before. For over a decade now.

And here's the thing: Justice League is going to get stuck with the previous false starts, and it won't be deemed a success, just like Superman Returns. Did you guys know SR had a larger box office than Batman Begins?

I remember when i knew someone who worked at dc he said about 7 years ago they were planning a batman/superman movie by 2012. Haha

A JL movie could be made in a few years but it depends on how good this upcoming superman movie is.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

They could combine the GL/Flash movie and just call it the Brave and the Bold. Don't even think they need origins. Just show their first team up, then show superman/batman/wonderwoman at the end.
    Sparkle is still a faggot.

Shit, now that you mention it, I'd rather have a Brave and the Bold anthology movie series instead of JL. How cool would it be if we had movies featuring a team up of characters that wouldn't be able to carry their own movies?

you do worlds finest, brave and the bold and a wonder woman solo film.

then JLA
    Sparkle is still a faggot.

Can't Wait to be King Charles Brodin's Avatar
    Oh, you turds, just do the JLA movie. Just do it.

i think the new superman will suck. last one got the myth/human part ok, but sucked on the action. this film will be the reverse. it'll look cool, but i don't see it working as an actual film, and if it's going to launch the whole new dcu, it's going to...well, actually i take it back. zach snyder directing is basically DC validating The New 52. that's the Justice League they're going to deliver, everyone. get ready.
    Last edited by maxwell's demon; 06-06-2012 at 02:42 PM.
    "Every old sock meets an old shoe"
    ain't that a great saying?
    "every old sock meets an old shoe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nirvana View Post

- Go to World's Finest Movie before Justice League (This should be Batman and Superman's third or fourth appearances)
    This is all you have to do.

I've said it before, Batman and Superman will both be established after next year, so then just do a WF movie, and have JL be a sequel to that. Maybe even introduce another League member in World's Finest, like an Amazon invasion or bring in Martian Manhunter the way the Justice League cartoon did, something like that. You don't have to go through all those solo movies.
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

+ Reply to Thread