+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 82 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL Thread

Yeah Oilers!

But seriously, this team has no identity. Is Ottawa an elite offense, always winning those 4-3 games? No! Is Ottawa a tough, hard hitting grinding defense, always winning those 2-1 games? No! Is Ottawa a team that relies on it's goalie to save their asses?
    No No No No No!
    We're just so average.
    We always seems to get one of last playoff spots, but get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs. Leaving us with a Middle of the pack draft position. That doesn't really benefit us at all. The best thing that can happen for this team is a last place finish and a complete re haul. Trade those Ottawa stars. It cuts me like a knife to even think of them trading away Alfie or Chris Neil, or even Spezza. But Alfie has lost his magic, he sometimes has a great game every now and then, but he isn't as great as he used to be. Perhaps just keep him on and let him retire. Because he's a Sens legend, I don't want him to be alienated like Sundin with the Leafs a few years ago. Just let him go on his own terms. Trading away our greats has worked before. We traded Yashin (that bastard) waaay back in what? 2000? We got Chara and the draft pick to get Spezza. There was some other guy, but meh. That's what we need. A new Chara, Alfie, Spezza. And a fucking #1 Goalie, we need one desperately. We can't keep flipping between Pascal and Brian Elliot. I'll take a few years of mediocrity to develop the new kids. Look at Tampa, they're looking good. We need to do what they're doing.

And in conclusion, Fuck you Heatley. You fucking piece of trash
    Last edited by Alex; 12-03-2010 at 05:13 AM.
    It's all in the 'stache

I convince myself I don't like hockey, then I watch the Mighty Ducks and I like it

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Yeah Oilers!

But seriously, this team has no identity. Is Ottawa an elite offense, always winning those 4-3 games? No! Is Ottawa a tough, hard hitting grinding defense, always winning those 2-1 games? No! Is Ottawa a team that relies on it's goalie to save their asses?
    No No No No No!
    We're just so average.
    We always seems to get one of last playoff spots, but get knocked out of the first round of the playoffs. Leaving us with a Middle of the pack draft position. That doesn't really benefit us at all. The best thing that can happen for this team is a last place finish and a complete re haul. Trade those Ottawa stars. It cuts me like a knife to even think of them trading away Alfie or Chris Neil, or even Spezza. But Alfie has lost his magic, he sometimes has a great game every now and then, but he isn't as great as he used to be. Perhaps just keep him on and let him retire. Because he's a Sens legend, I don't want him to be alienated like Sundin with the Leafs a few years ago. Just let him go on his own terms. Trading away our greats has worked before. We traded Yashin (that bastard) waaay back in what? 2000? We got Chara and the draft pick to get Spezza. There was some other guy, but meh. That's what we need. A new Chara, Alfie, Spezza. And a fucking #1 Goalie, we need one desperately. We can't keep flipping between Pascal and Brian Elliot. I'll take a few years of mediocrity to develop the new kids. Look at Tampa, they're looking good. We need to do what they're doing.

And in conclusion, Fuck you Heatley. You fucking piece of trash
    That's what I thought of the Oilers as well for many many years. Year after year they were barely making the playoffs and getting a mid-round draft pick. That's why I was cheering on the Oilers to tank last season so they can at least get the number 1 over-all draft pick. It worked and Taylor Hall is looking like he could be a special player soon. Now I don't think the Oilers are gonna be making the playoffs this season. But with kids like Hall and Eberle showing potential, I'm hoping they can be something in a couple years.

And Tampa will never get good until they solve their goaltending issues. Didn't they get blown out like 8-1 yesterday?

Tampa has definitely improved though. They might be one of those teams that are one piece away from being fantastic (So in this case, a goalie). Tampa is 5th in their conference, so they're definitely close. Maybe they could trade draft picks to Ottawa for Brian Elliot

But of course, With Tampa being where they are, those picks would be way too far back. Ugh.

The first thing the Sens should do is fire Murray. Did he even try to get more out of San Jose for Heatley?
    Last edited by Alex; 12-03-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    It's all in the 'stache

Quote Originally Posted by Alex View Post
    Tampa has definitely improved though. They might be one of those teams that are one piece away from being fantastic (So in this case, a goalie). Tampa is 5th in their conference, so they're definitely close. Maybe they could trade draft picks to Ottawa for Brian Elliot

But of course, With Tampa being where they are, those picks would be way too far back. Ugh.

The first thing the Sens should do is fire Murray. Did he even try to get more out of San Jose for Heatley?
    Don't blame Murray for that. Remember, Murray had a trade with Edmonton that had Penner (a 30 goal scorer last year), Cogliano and Smid going for Heatley. But Heatley nixed that trade. In this situation, Murray's hands were basically tied as he had a star player who made his trade request public, but only had a list of teams that he wanted to go to.

Yeah I know, he pretty much gave away Heatley for free. I wish oh I wish the Sens hadn't gotten Kovalev, there were other needs he could have adressed but nooo
    It's all in the 'stache

Hartford Whalers and Winnipeg Jets need do come back.
    Sparkle is still a faggot.

Move the Coyotes and Panthers up here then!
    Last edited by Alex; 12-04-2010 at 05:27 AM.
    It's all in the 'stache

Homo Terror
    OMG Alex don't post, you make my head hurt

Fuck You. Who the hell do you support anyways? Do gays even like Hockey?
    It's all in the 'stache

+ Reply to Thread