+ Reply to Thread
Page 395 of 401 FirstFirst ... 295345385393394395396397 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,950 of 4001

Thread: Comic Book Shows

She seems like a nice lady
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

So Matt Ryan's John Constantine will be a regular on DC's Legends of Tomorrow (if it gets renewed).

Between this, him getting that web animated series, him being in the Justice League Dark animated movie, he's pretty much made the character his own.

Walking dead is still a bit of a drag but theyve gotten better, mildly.
    gotham has been ok so far although they need more jerome/joker.
    i havent watched any of JJ season 2 yet, anyone seen it yet? Good/bad mediocre?

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

I was reading that one of the latter episodes for Gotham will be titled "One Bad Day". So make of that what you will.

I'm like five episodes into Jessica Jones and I've liked it so far. A bit slow at times but definitely pretty interesting.

I've only watched the first episode, it was fine. The Whizzer!

I think the show has a problem without Luke Cage and Kilgrave. Though from promos and stuff it seems Kilgrave shows up in some form later on, probably just a ghost or hallucination I'm guessing. Aaaanyway. None of the current side characters are interesting. Patty is boring, the neighbor/assistant guy is boring, Trinity is boring. And Jessica Jones is such a character-driven show, you need to want to spend time with these characters, you need to care. Because it's light on action and so far light on any suspense or mystery. Like I said, only one episode in. But that's my worry going forward.

I still haven't finished Punisher. I watch one every couple of weeks. I feel like there's not enough momentum to the plot. And everything in it is sooo miserable. It's not bad at all, it's just a tone I'm not really into. Guess that's why I've never read Punisher.

Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    I've only watched the first episode, it was fine. The Whizzer!

I think the show has a problem without Luke Cage and Kilgrave. Though from promos and stuff it seems Kilgrave shows up in some form later on, probably just a ghost or hallucination I'm guessing. Aaaanyway. None of the current side characters are interesting. Patty is boring, the neighbor/assistant guy is boring, Trinity is boring. And Jessica Jones is such a character-driven show, you need to want to spend time with these characters, you need to care. Because it's light on action and so far light on any suspense or mystery. Like I said, only one episode in. But that's my worry going forward.

I still haven't finished Punisher. I watch one every couple of weeks. I feel like there's not enough momentum to the plot. And everything in it is sooo miserable. It's not bad at all, it's just a tone I'm not really into. Guess that's why I've never read Punisher.
    you should continue with punisher. Its such a refreshing show when compared to awful defenders. I think what the netflix shows need in order to make things interesting is embrace the weird C and D level villains. Maybe not camp it up but find a way to include them. Or at least easter eggs like stiltman in DD or hints of the gladiator.

Feeling like Katrina with no fema
    Like Martin with no Gina
    Like a flight with no visa
    First class with the seat back I still see ya
    In my past, you on the other side of the glass
    Of my memory's museum

Jessica Jones season 2 was good. The first six episodes are very slow and have a slow burn going for them. The fact the Whizzer exists is hilarious. Once the big reveal happens it gets significantly better. Like Mee said, the show is missing strong secondary and engaging side characters. It's especially noticeable when Kilgrave shows up later. It's that "Ah, that's what was missing this whole time." realization. The best episode is the flash back episode exploring Jessica and Trish's relationship. There are a lot of really random moments that happen with even stupider dialogue to accompany those moments. Like when the neighbor shows up to the killers house with a baby or when the prison guard starts harassing an inmate ("Better eat your protein!")...super cringey moments. I like Trish's arc the most and I'm excited to see where it goes. Between this season, Punisher, and Luke Cage the Netflix Marvel series have been trying to get topical with our political climate. The subplot with the director who sexually assaulted and harassed young girls or when the other P.I. is insulting Jessica and Trinity says something along the lines of "Keep calling her names and belittling her so it's known that she's lesser than you." or something along those lines, I dig those moments. We need more of the liberal agenda in our superheroes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butt Savage View Post
    He is everything that's wrong with a movie goer. It scares me that human beings like Nirvana exist and they possibly shape the movie landscape.

The last few episodes of the Punisher were pretty satisfying.
    emperor of DKB or something

Quote Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
    The last few episodes of the Punisher were pretty satisfying.
    I will soldier on

Fortnite is my new weekend pastime. Jessica Jones can piss off.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "oh I wouldn't want to go there. They're fighting in the streets there. BLACK LIVES MATTER. BLACK LIVES MATTER. *fist pumping* THAT'S what they're saying there."

+ Reply to Thread