+ Reply to Thread
Page 111 of 211 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 2109

Thread: What are you playing now?

Last night I began playing Saints Row 2 for the first time. So far it's awesome.

I've been playing The Simpsons Game since I beat AC3. I beat it, but now grinding through the time challenges, which always suck in any game.
    You can't change anyone, so don't bother trying.

This tune is fucking epic.

Kaine's comics

'Donate' to the KaineDamo Bitcoin fund: 1EiTw2zBmjgNaKkqoMaEV1QrgcE4ZGsHKT

Finished up Simpsons Game, a couple time trials were damn annoying. Still a fun game.

Now playing The Saboteur
    You can't change anyone, so don't bother trying.

hey! i picked up my DS after about 2 weeks off. i just walked into the last dungeon and beat the boss. the dungeon was literally like 4 rooms long, a straight path up, and then the boss, who was a pussy. i know Seasons and Ages are linked and you get the REAL last boss after beating the second game but fuck dudes i don't have that kinda time and they could've just given a decent end boss to each game individually

One Finger Death Punch is genuinely one of the most challenging games I've ever played. The Grandmaster levels are just lethal.

It looks like this guy is just a little further ahead of me on the map.

I have no sound on this laptop, so can't comment on any potential sound issues on that clip.

That guy just about made it.

I'm onto a mob round with 320 enemies. And I gotta tell ya, I just don't even think I'm physically capable of doing it.

Until you've played it and got as far as the Grandmaster levels, you have NO idea how much concentration, speed, and accuracy this fucking game takes.

There are so many variables running through your mind at one time. First, One Finger Death Punch is not a button mashing game. There are 2 buttons. The enemy has to be within your range of attack before you press a button, if he's outside your range then you miss, and you'll most likely get hit. So you have to be accurate with the button presses.

You have to be fast. Not so much in the lower levels in the game when you're starting off. When you fail a level, a narrator in the game will often tell you to "take your time and focus", this advice makes perfect sense in many of the earlier levels. It makes NO sense in the Grandmaster levels, so it becomes very frustrating to be told to "take your time" over and over again. The enemies come at you at incredible speeds. The 'brawlers' (the enemies that activate on screen prompting like a fucking Dance-dance Revolution game), the on screen button presses fly down the screen, you have to be fast OR you'll miss and he will hit you! On the Grandmaster levels, a fraction of a second's hesitation will result in enemies hitting you.

There are 4 kinds of enemies.

Grey enemies, who take one hit.
    Colour enemies, who have their own pattern of button presses that you can see under them.
    Brawlers.
    And the blank question mark enemies, who are like the colour enemies in that they have a pattern of button presses required to kill them EXCEPT you can't see what that pattern is. These enemies do not exist in the lower levels of the game.

With colour enemies, you try to learn their patterns, it can almost get to the point of reflexive memory. You play a level long enough and you see what colour the enemy is, you know the pattern.
    But with the question mark enemies, that's out the window. Instead, I try to concentrate on what side of the screen they're on. So they come at you from the right hand of the screen and you press B to hit them, then they may jump to the left side so you hit X.
    BUT!! You have to be fast, because a fraction of a second's hesitation and they will hit you. So, you press B to hit them, you wait a fraction of a second to see if they moved, and they've already fucking hit you!!
    So, just press B twice just in case, right? No, because if he moves to the other side, and there are no other enemies within range on the other side of him, you miss!! Then you get hit!!

You have to somehow be fast enough and accurate enough that you can hit him regardless of where he ends up.

And when you have an influx of other enemies, greys and colours, AND a question mark guy, it becomes much too confusing. After you've killed the first 150 or so enemies, the game will throw every kind of enemy there is at you at once, by this point you can't keep the same sharp focus required, there's too much on the screen to take in, its literally TOO MUCH for the mind to process. So you die, and you die, and you die.

There's a strategy in that you can pick a number of skills to take into mob fights with you. If you can get to the Grandmaster levels you can pick 5 skills. So what do you pick? For most of the levels, I pick the skills that will allow me to kill more guys in a faster amount of time. The arrow, dagger, and bomb skills that give me 3 of each as opposed to just one when you kill an enemy that gives you the item. I also pick a health skill that heals 1 health after you kill a certain amount of guys. And there's a 'deep impact' skill that kills every enemy on the screen after a certain amount of kills, which can come in handy, but is also frustrating when at times it feels wasted on only 1 or 2 enemies on the screen. For this mob round, these skills just doesn't seem to cut it.

So I've tried putting most of my skills into stuff that will let me get away with being hit a couple of times. Kill x amount of enemies and a grey guy hitting you will be discounted that one time, same for the colour enemies. This still doesn't seem to cut it. I wonder what skills the guy in the clip is using.

With the previous Grandmaster levels, it was tough, but I persevered because after trying enough times I could at least get close. Say, down to just 10 enemies or so before they killed me. Eventually I'd win. But with this mob round, the closest I can get is to about 30 enemies. Which doesn't sound like a lot, but man it takes so much trying and effort to get there.

And I mean, this is after basically training myself to go 100, 150 enemies without being hit once. I can do that, which is a superhuman feat in itself, but that STILL isn't good enough. Sooner or later I just get buttfucked, either the mistakes I make pile up, or the amounts of enemies fired at me at once are simply too much to keep up with and I get hit because I am not humanly fast enough to keep up with everything that's happening on the screen!

This game has genuinely taken an amount of mental exertion from me other games just don't demand.

What keeps me going is, I don't think there are many people who have beaten the Grandmaster quest. If I could do it, I'd be one of the very best in the world! I'm even asking the guy that made this game on twitter just to be sure. How many people does he know of that have finished it. It's THAT hard, I really don't think many people are capable.
    Last edited by KaineDamo; 08-22-2013 at 08:51 PM.
    Kaine's comics

Anything other than Saints Row 4 is just wrong

Woah I did it! Apparently venting about it here helped.

I changed up my skills, too.

'Light up' all enemies for 10 seconds, activates after 32 kills (makes it so you can't miss, I think?)
    'Unarmed master' increased attack range for 10 seconds, activates after 26 kills
    Venom fist, enemies are slow to react when hit for 20 seconds, activates after 40 kills
    Deep Impact, wipes the screen of enemies, activates after 37 kills
    Heal 1 health, activates after 99 kills.
    Kaine's comics

Right now i am playing mario game. I love this game.

JayTee
    Yes. Mario Game is fantastic.

+ Reply to Thread