+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrested Development

you don't get to bring friends Jolly Johnny's Avatar
    I'm afraid I just blue myself.
    Last edited by Jolly Johnny; 10-03-2011 at 04:09 AM. Reason: the MOST obvious, for jake.
    My brother and I always tried to make swords out of aluminum window sections. Then duel, my brother always calling for the power of Greyskull.

so disappointed in everyone. i went with INCREDIBLE. i wanted to let the obvious go. but rlly. no one?

Never Nude A really nice butterscotch pudding's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake View Post
    here's the thing about people sayin they don't want it fucked up

i mean

season 3

let's get real

was not that good. so it's like, no pressure. they already fucked it up (due to time constraints. and maybe due to feeling obligated to shoehorn Charlize Theron in so many eps)

i'm just lookin forward to them doin somethin at a pace and format of their choosing, so they can fit every joke/storyline in that they want.

also i love putting out a flick that will probs be bitched at for being hard to follow by critics, meanwhile the fans will have already seen the new eps leading into it. haha. same as it ever was.
    The finale was phenomenal. SHUT YOUR SLUT MOUTH.

the finale was good but seez 3 was just not up to par overall

portia de rossi is so hot
    wow

Even though most white people prefer to say that they don’t watch television, one thing they agree on is that Arrested Development was the best show on TV. They love it so much!

The love it for a number of reasons. Firstly, since the show was cancelled before it jumped the shark, it’s effectively like a rocker that dies at 27. Also, the show got terrible ratings, meaning that it wasn’t ‘mainstream,’ which makes white people love it unilaterally. Other examples of shows like this are Twin Peaks and The Ben Stiller Show.

They also love it because there are a few references to white popular culture, and if there is one thing that white people love, it’s cultural references that they understand (see Garden State, The Onion, and Juno for examples).

If you are ever a white person’s house, and you see an orange box in their DVD collection, you should say “oh, you have Arrested Development, I love that show!” To which you will be offered a glass of wine, and perhaps an invitation to 80s night.

Also of note: the hip hop group Arrested Development is also loved by white people.

Never Nude A really nice butterscotch pudding's Avatar
    I dunno, I liked the Mr. F stuff. That incredibly meta ep where they throw the party to Save Our Bluthes was amazing too.

The only part of season 3 that really bothers me is the jump between the log cabin stuff that was clearly going to have an another episode, but because of Fox's cuts, they just conclude it in a previously clip that wasn't from the previous episode.

This is one of the greatest bits of news I have ever heard.

Cornball!

Quote Originally Posted by Gunther View Post
    I dunno, I liked the Mr. F stuff.
    Yeah

"Oh I get it, that was just part of your trick."

"No Michael....

MY ILLUSION!"

Also, there was a Ben Stiller Show?
    "It was the best of times...it was Tebow Time."

haha i loved the joke where Gob titles his magic video "Use Your Illusion" but runs into copyright trouble with GnR so he renames it "Use Your Illusion 2" hahahaha

+ Reply to Thread